Supervisor Postproduction & Graphics Es
Discovery CommunicationsMunich, BY
Full Time Job
The Supervisor Post Production and Graphics is responsible to prepare, configurate, maintain and operate all editing, broadcast server and graphics equipment of the new local Eurosport Germany production facilities in the greater Munich area. The position requires a detailed understanding in configurating and operating editing suites, broadcast servers, graphics workstations and AR/VR systems and some years of experience in the field of (remote and traditional) live production of sports events.
This position is based on a Monday-Sunday working pattern, 40h a week and includes 7 day per week on-call status to respond to broadcast emergencies.
All applications must be submitted with a cover letter.
• Operate the network control system-based preparation and configuration of all editing and graphics equipment in the production facilities (PCRs, Studio-/post-production).
• Liaise closely with Eurosport Germany production, the local resource booking, the local broadcast operations team and the relevant central Eurosport post-production and graphics design departments.
• Work as a live broadcast server operator or non-live program editor in the production control rooms and editing suites.
• Alternatively Work as a live graphics operator in the production control rooms.
• Supervise broadcast server operators, editors and graphics operators.
• BA/BSc degree (Video editing, Graphics Design, Media Technology) or comparable professional qualification paired with working experience in the area broadcast production, operations and play out of live sports events.
• Experience and understanding of cloud broadcasting, remote and traditional production and the associated processes for producing live sports events.
• Profound, creative live highlights and program editing and graphics design skills.
• Up to date knowledge regarding UHD and HD Video-/Audio Broadcast formats and the principles of its transmission and file encoding formats including file transfer mechanisms.
• Demonstrable knowledge of relevant equipment such as: editing suites (Avid incl. Interplay, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere), Protools), broadcast servers (EVS incl. IP director, GV Live touch), graphics systems (VIZrt), AR/VR systems (Mo-sys, Stipe, whitelight etc….).
• Familiar with relevant software such as: Network control systems (ATOS BNCS, scheduling software (XYtech media pulse).
• Used to working under pressure in a fast-paced live TV production environment.
• Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, ability to communicate clearly and to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to meet timelines.
• Excellent English and German communication in spoken and written.