Discovery CommunicationsSão Paulo, SP
Full Time Job
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of production projects for Discovery Kids from treatment review to final delivery of commission, co-production and reversion projects, both in live-action and animation, both in long and short form.
• Manage DSC Kids commissions, co-productions and reversioning projects.
• Works with outside production companies and production units to ensure proper execution of originals: developments, co-productions and commissions.
• Communicates with various internal departments serving as ambassador and filter of each project, as Marketing, On-Air, Digital, Programming, Communications and other areas define needs and take steps related to the productions.
• Editorial supervision of productions: reading, editing and approving preliminary and final treatments; approving scripts; reviewing and approving fine cuts, animatics or animated rough-cuts (what applies for each project) and show masters.
• Supervises production phases of reversions or repackaging, including editing, re-narration, post-production, audio, scripting, graphics, field and studio production.
• Supervises production of complementary editorial material that is part of the deliverables by the vendor, such as webseries, making ofs, and other digital content.
• Develops projects or series for consideration from concept to full bible.
• As part of the development work, assess the editorial quality, technical and financial viability, of written proposals or pitches submitted to DSC Kids Latin America in the light of previously identified network needs.
• At least ten years hands-on production experience as producer / writer/director in television.
• Strong Kids production experience (animation and live action) is essential.
• Broad knowledge of field and studio production and post-production, including graphics and music.
• Strong leadership and motivational skills, with demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints.
• Super written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Creative, with an ability to generate new ideas.
• An independent thinker who is very much a team player and willing to be accountable for projects overseen.
• Proven problem solver.
• Portuguese and English a must.