Summer Paid Intern - Product Management
Discovery CommunicationsSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
About the organization:
Warner Bros. Discovery’s technology organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility.
We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery’s continued growth, building world-class products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
Why Join the Warner Bros. Discovery Team?
The product management team for lifestyle creates and builds products for customers in the Food / Lifestyle categories, including the award-winning Food Network Kitchen product, Magnolia, and our Digital Studios web offering. We identify customer needs and create solutions for them. The team also drives product strategy and roadmap for editorial & services platforms across a range of DTC products.
Some of our projects include launching and managing Food Network Kitchen across platforms, as well as managing the Digital Studios websites, including FoodNetwork.com, HGTV.com. Some emerging platform launches include Food Network and HGTV on Messenger and Alexa.
Why Intern at Warner Bros. Discovery:
In addition to building great products and creating some of the best content in the world, we’ve built a great team and culture! Our program offers unique experiences, with tremendous opportunities for growth. Everyone is passionate about the work we do, and it’s energizing to work on something you authentically care about. Our PMs are some of the most talented in the industry and are excited to mentor and learn from our interns. You’ll have the opportunity to help deliver customer facing, impactful projects and test your theories on the newest technologies and methodologies, while learning from the seasoned pros.
Key Features of the Program:
• 1:1 Mentorship: You’ll be assigned a mentor for the duration of the program to ensure you get off to a flying start and continue to meet your development goals throughout.
• Tech Speaker Series: You’ll frequently learn about new technologies and trends and meet and learn from some of the most talented technologists in the industry, both internal and external to Warner Bros. Discovery.
• Career Coaching: You’ll receive tailored career advice and guidance from experienced data experts, and leaders who have been where you are, and will share how they have successfully navigated their careers.
• Global Exposure: Most of our teams and products have global impact, meaning often our interns are working on projects that impact multiple markets. This provides you with unique insight into solving problems at scale, the nuances between markets and how we leverage technology to provide seamless and consistent quality across our customer experience globally.
• Global Network: By the end of the program you’ll have built a global network of talented Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists and Analysts, Product Designers, Marketeers and business leaders. You’ll also have an extensive network for peers with whom you will have built great relationships! It’s a small industry and the network you build and the impression you make during the program will be invaluable throughout your career.
What you need to know about the DTC Summer 2023 Program Application Process:
• Our Summer 2023 internship program is 11 weeks long, commencing June 5th - August 18th.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The?application deadline is November 31st.? After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
We are interviewing through Fall 2022. A Warner Bros. Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
About the projects you may work on:
As an intern you’ll work on the same products and features as the wider PM team (detailed above). We want interns to deeply understand the functions of product management and product design at the end of their internship by giving them an end to end view of the function by providing them hands-on experience learning. PM interns will participate in all aspects of product discovery, delivery, and assessing outcomes. We will coach PM interns on participating and conducting user research, understanding customer behavior through quantitative and qualitative analysis, evaluating opportunities using a series of inputs, frameworks for prioritization, and how to partner effectively with design and engineering to create solutions with a customer first mindset. PM interns will learn best practices of GTM planning, as well measuring and assessing outcomes.
In addition to academic qualifications, we’re looking for interns who are always curious and have a desire to learn. You’ll need to have great attention to detail, but with a great sense of agility and scope.
We look for product management interns who are meticulous and take pride in their work.
Balance is important to us; we work hard, but think it’s also important to have a good sense of humor and have fun while doing great work!
* Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Grad Student (18 years or older)
* Must be in academic good standing with a 2.8 GPA, Preferred 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States