Summer Intern - Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from May 29th-August 16th, 2019.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is March 22nd. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Marketing plays a critical role at Discovery around the world. On the network side, our marketing teams work diligently to create a strong brand presence and drive new and current viewers to tune into our programming. Our corporate functions use marketing to create interest in products and programs we provide at Discovery.
As a Marketing Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Assisting the marketing strategy and creative teams on the day-to-day creation consumer marketing campaigns.
• Help with the ideating, defining, managing and executing deliverables.
• Interfacing with various departments across the company to ensure effective communication.
• Creating presentations for senior management using Keynote.
• Gain an inside look at what it takes to create a marketing campaign from start to finish.
• Execute duties such as meeting set up, shipping, premium ordering, events etc.
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Please note this position is located in Silver Spring, Maryland. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.
los angeles, california, ca