Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Programmatic Specialist will lead the implementation and development of the Programmatic channel, maximising customer growth at cost-effective levels. Reporting to the Programmatic Manager, the successful candidate will also integrate cross-functionally, regularly liaising with other teams within Media Strategy & Analytics and the wider business org.
1. Own the strategy and performance of programmatic activity with full operational responsibility
2. Lead Programmatic planning and media-buying across all territories, ensuring both functions are optimised to achieve high levels of growth with an ROI-focus
3. Keep abreast of market trends and developments
4. Work closely with the planning teams to recommend effective growth strategies and budget
5. Effectively collaborate with other teams and internal stakeholders
6. Lead Programmatic innovation within the team and the effective use of relevant tools, identifying new BETAs and data sources to drive our Programmatic offering forward
7. Clearly communicate Programmatic performance and uncover growth levers
8. Effectively document our strategies and approach to drive common understanding and efficiency
9. Work with digital publishers to build out private market places and/or direct buys when needed.
10. Constantly advance the capabilities of what can be bought in-house through programmatic buying platforms.
* 2 years experience within paid digital buying, with hands on programmatic buying experience.
* Deep understanding of programmatic landscape, with experience planning and buying self-serve programmatic through at least one platform
* Proven experience with Direct Response campaigns with experience with attribution, conversion tracking, and optimizing towards strict KPI goals.
* Highly numerate, logical thinker, comfortable using excel to both run campaign analysis and provide recommendations, with experience using analytics to drive decision-making
* Demonstrable experience driving growth through testing and analytics
* Strong appreciation of the marketing funnel, and the relationship with specific tactics with clear POVs on tracking, attribution, ad fraud, cookie windows, etc.
* Excited by working in a fast-paced environment with excellent troubleshooting and QA skills - strong attention to detail essential
* Proven project management, self-organisation and prioritisation skills - Ability to multi-task with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
* Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously on campaigns and other relevant projects.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Clear communicator who is able to translate strategy into action. Additional languages a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
new york city, new york, nyc, ny
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal global media team that handles the strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and direct-to-consumer digital products (Eurosport, Dplay, MotorTrend, GOLFTV, and Food Network Kitchen).