Strategist, Performance Media - Dtc
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Our Team: The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal global media team that handles the strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform consumption of Discovery Inc’s networks and subscriber growth for our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products.
The Role: This role is specifically within the performance media team leading paid acquisition efforts of Discovery Inc’s rapidly growing Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) businesses. We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build and support products with the global leader in real life entertainment. We are looking for a data-driven Strategist to help grow and engage our subscriber base through a variety of direct-response platforms and channels. You will work in partnership with the Investment/Buying portion of Media Strategy & Analytics Team and with key stakeholders of DTC products. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
• Work with cross-functional teams to strategize and execute performance marketing campaigns to drive Discovery DTC subscriber growth and engagement across direct to consumer digital marketing channels including but not limited to Paid Social, Paid Search, and Programmatic.
• Report and present strategic insights that can be leveraged across the team such as best performing messaging and audiences. This includes the constant collaboration of structured A/B tests with paid media campaigns.
• Perform post-campaign analysis and creative recaps of performance marketing campaigns to drive and improve strategy.
• Work closely with the internal Investment/Buying team to ensure paid acquisition efforts align and are in lockstep with the larger DTC strategy. This also includes creative asset delivery and tracking.
• 2 years digital direct-response marketing experience required.
• Proven experience within performance marketing across a range of digital channels; media agency experience strongly preferred.
• Understanding of bid-based buying platforms (such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.) is a plus.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours as needed.
• Strong analytics skills are a must.
• Polished professional with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• College degree required.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.