Strategist- Paid Search
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Strategist- Paid Search (SEM)
The Paid Search Specialist will lead the implementation and development of the channel, maximising customer growth at cost-effective levels. Reporting to the Paid Search Manager, the successful candidate will also integrate cross-functionally, regularly liaising with other teams within Media Strategy & Analytics and the wider business org.
1. Own the strategy and performance of paid search activity
2. Lead paid search planning and media-buying across all territories, ensuring both functions are optimised to achieve high levels of growth with an ROI-focus
3. Keep abreast of market trends and developments, also liaising with Google, Bing & Apple partners - Identifying new BETAs to drive our search offering forward
4. Work closely with the planning teams to recommend effective growth strategies and budget
5. Effectively collaborate with other teams and internal stakeholders
6. Lead innovation within the team and the effective use of tools
7. Clearly communicate paid search performance and uncover growth levers
8. Effectively document our strategies and approach to drive common understanding and efficiency
* 2 years experience with a track record of delivering success in a similar role
* Deep understanding of paid search, with experience using external bid management tools (DoubleClick DS3, Marin or Kenshoo)
* Proven experience with Direct Response campaigns with experience with attribution, conversion tracking, and optimizing towards strict KPI goals.
* Highly numerate and comfortable using excel to both run campaign analysis and provide recommendations
* Logical thinker with experience using analytics to drive decision-making and demonstrable experience driving growth through testing
* Strong appreciation of the marketing funnel, and the relationship with specific tactics
* A problem solver at heart, interested in working in a fast-paced environment
* with excellent troubleshooting and QA skills - strong attention to detail essential
* Proven project management, self-organisation and prioritisation skills - Ability to multi-task with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
* Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously on campaigns and other relevant projects.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Clear communicator who is able to translate strategy into action. Must be fluent in English. Additional languages a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the country you are applying to.
new york city, new york, nyc, ny
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal global media team that handles the strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and direct-to-consumer digital products (Eurosport, Dplay, MotorTrend, GOLFTV, and Food Network Kitchen).