Strategist - Paid Media Strategy Usn Dtc
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is a critical position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition Strategy pod for US Networks. S/he will be responsible for developing media plans that are strategic and data-driven, with the goal of efficiently acquiring consumers who will watch the various Discovery networks on our emerging direct-to-consumer platforms. Responsibilities will include developing paid media campaigns across digital, social, TV print, radio, and OOH with special emphasis on data driven planning, conversion best practices, digital ad technology and post analyses. The Strategist will help support the Manager with all elements related to campaign planning, posts, and execution.
1. Work closely with the Media Manager to ensure the day-to-day network needs are met and there is timely communication to all network partners.
2. Assist with the day-to-day planning needs through the use of the media toolkit to determine budget and media mix, define target audiences, and create plans designed to maximize efficiencies/effectiveness around digital app conversion.
3. Work to implement infrastructure and technology to properly track, measure and learn across platforms to refine direct-to-consumer conversion strategies.
4. Maintain key planning and benchmark documents, assist will campaign billing, and gather launch confirmation details.
5. Focus on post reporting that uncovers the “why” behind performance in order to garner learnings that are tangible and actionable, with knowledge of digital conversion KPIs.
6. Work with the Investment part of the acquisition team to ensure all media impressions are optimized and achieving the campaign goal. Partnership will also ensure all media campaign are executed flawlessly.
7. Assist with asset delivery to ensure the Investment team has all required assets for launch.
* Minimum 2 years of paid media planning experience.
* Demonstrated expertise in media strategy, digital media and execution
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience with direct client relationship responsibilities includes regular reporting, collaborative strategic planning, and performance management.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting.
* Knowledge of acquisition marketing (i.e. App conversion), with a basic foundation of digital and social conversion tactics.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Understanding of TV Everywhere and the Television ecosystem is a plus.
* Experience with Direct Response is strongly preferred with experience with attribution and conversion reporting.
* Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team.
* Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media partner that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s 16 networks (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.).