Strategist - Media Strategy & Analytics
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is a critical position within the Media Strategy and Analytics (MSA) team. The strategist is the non-managing marketing professional who develops and executes all on-air promotional campaigns for assigned DCL network(s). Flawless execution in implementation of on-air, TVE, VOD strategic media plans based on best practices.
1. Work with the Director/Manager of Media Strategy to develop recommendations for on-air and non-linear strategies for assigned network.
2. Interface with network marketing, programming, and research to ensure on-air, TVE, VOD strategies and practices are aligned with network goals and benchmarks.
3. Lead weekly cross departmental meetings to review campaign strategy, program schedule updates, and ratings trends.
4. Develop & schedule tactical execution of all on-air, TVE, VOD activity for assigned DCI network(s) to increase ratings and viewership, based on agreed upon strategies
5. Conduct post analyses of promotional campaigns in collaboration with Manager/Director of Media Strategy to access success of each campaign.
6. Maintain high level of awareness of network ratings performance and audience trends to make recommendations for upcoming campaigns and campaigns in progress
7. Ensure break formats are revised when necessary, securing strategic placement for promos
8. Ensure post run data is updated in the on-air optimization software
9. Develop recommendations for cross-channel requests, vet through the network and communicate requests to the cross channel team.
10. Participate in internal and/or external partnerships when applicable
11. Ad hoc reporting and other duties as necessary
12. Primary point of contact and implementation contact for all on-air, TVE, VOD strategy and activities
13. Create and maintain the promo planning worksheet/dashboard; ensure on-air, TVE, VOD campaigns are accurately planned & executed, reviewed by Media Manager/Director as necessary
14. Stay informed of program, ratings and creative updates that directly impact strategies and/or tactics
15. Campaign set-up in on-air, TVE, VOD software systems and generate pre and post campaign reports to ensure the integrity of historical data
16. Work on MSA corporate projects to maintain industry standard best practices
17. Interacts with in-house and freelance producers involved with promotion projects; as well as Commercial Operations, Media Logistics & Broadcast Center on an operational basis
18. Assign promo versions in on-air workflow system
19. Assist in live events at the Broadcast Center as needed
20. Reasonable availability to resolve promo and secondary event discrepancies via assigned work device(s) and available systems as well as respond to urgent requests from internal and external stakeholders during the workday and outside normal business hours
* Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in Media Strategy and Analytics, Advertising, demonstrated proficiency in on-air media planning and execution within agency, vendor or client television community
* Basic knowledge of broadcast or television trafficking
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel
* Basic marketing subject matter expertise and competence in developing marketing programs
* Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines with a sense of urgency when applicable
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Self-starter, highly motivated, take initiative and have a positive and collaborative demeanor, be an excellent communicator, team leader and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
* Excellent presentation skills with the ability to effectively sell- in material to internal network partners and other stakeholders
* Ability to work under pressure with continuous ability to reprioritize, applying media thinking and “best practice” knowledge to all areas of on-air media planning with minimal guidance
* Familiarity with Nielsen ratings data strongly preferred
* Working knowledge of DCL’s traffic/scheduling systems and research tools a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY