Sr. UX Writer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2021 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. UX Writer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. UX Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. UX Writer?
Full Time Job
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs, and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air, and pay–TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats.
Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Motortrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and discovery , a premium streaming service for many of Discovery’s beloved brands.
Our talented and engaged Product, Design and Creative teams are passionate about our mission and responsibility building the future of Discovery and our direct to consumer products. If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal and engaging work, with a passionate team then this is the role for you.
About Discovery Global Product & Design
Discovery's Global Product & Design Group is a rapidly growing organization focused on developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands, including discovery . We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
Discovery Digital is seeking an experienced Senior UX Writer to be responsible for creating consumer-facing copy for groundbreaking product, brand and creative experiences across our products, platforms, services, partners and channel experiences. The Senior UX Writer will drive and deliver brand vision and voice within the context of our user experiences. You will have special focus on onboarding, acquisition and retention to expand our customer relationships and customer journeys. The Senior UX Writer will collaborate across the global organization to inspire team members and colleagues to develop and deliver award-winning product and brand experiences people love.
Other major areas of focus will be style guides, research, quality assurance, ASO, SEO, FAQs, error messaging and transactional emails.
• Create and develop clear and compelling copy for UX and product experiences across our apps, connected television and mobile web ecosystems.
• Ensure all copy meets brand voice, tone and digital product standards and guidelines.
• Establish, design test and maintain all global product language systems, design copy and button/CTA style libraries, templates, mockups, user scenarios, flows and experience documentation.
• Provide hands-on leadership to align creative and product copy direction and deliverables.
• Work cross-functionally with Product, UX and Creative Design, Editorial, Marketing, Research and Engineering Teams to create and optimize collaborative copy processes, strategies and tools.
• Drive all product & UX copy with overarching business and customer engagement goals to increase satisfaction through strategic alignment and customer-first strategies.
• Represent the strategic intent of your work in cross-functional team meetings, presenting with clarity and helpfulness to a broad stakeholder group
• Provide cross-functional alignment, best practices, and guidance for internal and external teams, partners and stakeholders.
• Work with user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
• 5 years experience as industry copywriter for global digital products, brands and experiences.
• 5 years experience copywriting with global CRM product lines highly preferred.
• Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments
• Demonstrated experience working with Product, Design and Engineering teams on products.
• Clear knowledge and experience working with content management systems and teams.
• Familiarity with keyword search methods for ASO/SEO for App stores and product pages.
• Strong copywriting and copyediting skills are a must, with a keen eye for details.
• Excellent knowledge of AP Style, American English spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage.
• Deep knowledge and experience copywriting for mobile, living room and connected product ecosystems with respect to key user flows and human behaviors.
• Fluent in product branding, functionality and user experience theory, practice and language.
• Analytical, solution-oriented design thinking with familiarity of data-driven problem-solving.
• Must provide a portfolio with writing samples.
• International language and localization skills are a huge plus.
• Strong visual thinking for products and product ecosystems
• Knowledge of emerging trends for digital products and cross-platform content integrations
• Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to take initiative
• Proactively enjoys finding innovative solutions, gaining input and driving alignment
• Effective building and maintaining cross-functional and partner relationships
• Enjoys the challenge of complex problems and systems
• Comfortable working under pressure with tight deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects
• Friendly, funny, outside-the-box thinking; creative problem-solving mastery