Sr Software Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2020 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr Software Engineer jobs in Bellevue-WA
Search all Sr Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Software Engineer? Responsibilities
1. Delivering high quality code on time as part of a cross-functional team.
2. Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration.
3. Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code.
4. Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components; maintaining production code and contributing to deployment and QA processes.
You will need to have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, a high level of creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and Sport. This job will require travelling between our offices in London, Paris, New York and Bellevue.
* Deep experience with service-oriented architecture, highly distributed systems, high transaction volume and high availability are required. Experience with enterprise platforms and externally-facing APIs is highly recommended
* Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Extensive experience of product development experience in consumer-focused companies
* Extensive experience of technical experience as software developer, or related role
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Expert knowledge of AWS and/or Azure and/or GCP
* Master in one of the following, Java, C#, C , C, Rust and Go
* Ability to work on a diverse and geographically dispersed team
* Expert knowledge of video streaming, codecs, video delivery and broadcast workflows
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
* Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
* Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
* Experience with media delivery over the internet and good understanding of the network technologies
* Experience with implementing big data based solutions and machine learning systems
* Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products
* Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices.
* Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, SOA, UNIX, middleware, and database systems
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Bellevue, Washington, WA, Seattle This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.