Sr Software Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2020 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr Software Engineer jobs in Bellevue-WA
Search all Sr Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Software Engineer? Are you interested in shaping the future of television, sport and Olympics? Do you want to define the next generation of Discovery D2C platform? We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help build a world-class Live and VOD streaming platform to super-serve our super-fans.
The team is chartered to design the video infrastructure and integration with broadcast systems to power all of Discovery D2C propositions from Discovery GO, Eurosport Player to GolfTV viewed by a massive audience daily across the globe, and you will help bring customers streaming video viewing experience to a new level. You will develop the service to run on an all cloud environment, Discovery was the first broadcaster to move all of its playout in the cloud and have opportunities to interact with teams inside and outside the organization (e.g. Tokyo 2020 Olympics), plus to work on a variety of video devices such as the Smart TVs, Roku, iPhones, Android TV, Fire TV, game consoles and set-top-boxes.
You will need to have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, a high level of creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and Sport.
This job will require seldom travelling between our offices in London, Paris, New York and Bellevue
Discovery is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
1. Delivering high quality code on time as part of a cross-functional team.
2. Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration.
3. Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code.
4. Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components; maintaining production code and contributing to deployment and QA processes.
* Deep experience with service-oriented architecture, highly distributed systems, high transaction volume, high availability are required. Experience with enterprise platforms and externally-facing APIs are highly recommended.
* Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 10 years of product development experience in consumer-focused companies
* 10 years of technical experience as software developer, or related role
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Expert knowledge of AWS and/or Azure and/or GCP
* Master in one of the following, Java, C#, C , C, Rust and Go
* Ability to work on a diverse team and geographically dispersed
* Expert knowledge of video streaming, codecs, video delivery and broadcast workflows
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
* Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
* Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
* Experience with media delivery over the internet and good understanding of the network technologies
* Experience with implementing big data based solutions, and machine learning systems.
* Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products.
* Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices.
* Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, SOA, UNIX, middleware, and database systems.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Broadcast experience
Bellevue, Washington, WA, Seattle This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.