Sr Project Manager - Global Business Ops
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position will be focused on supporting the execution and management for key strategic and operational projects within Discovery. The position will demand very strong organizational and structuring skills, strong analytics, a high degree of collaboration/partnership with members of different groups both domestically and internationally, including senior business stakeholders, and corporate groups. The ability to independently shepherd complex interactions and situations is essential.
Provide project and change management leadership (55%)
1. Support Business and Corporate teams in the identification and structuring of issues/questions to be solved, and the subsequent structuring of a project plan and execution
2. Requires strong leadership skills to bring senior stakeholders together and develop a feasible, rigorous plan for execution along with negotiation across business units when goals do not align
3. Ultimate responsible for the appropriate pace/on time execution of projects
a. Prepare and manage project plans/timelines
b. As necessary coordinate, lead and/or communicate analysis and
c. Prepare and manage timelines
d. Assemble representative project teams and coordinate team members to meet project milestones
e. Conduct status meetings
f. Manage and escalate issues as required
g. Continually evaluate project risks and dependencies
h. Create project documentation for updates to project steering committee and executive stakeholders
4. Define relevant financial and metric information and coordinate effort to ensure appropriate tracking
5. Maintain updated documentation of projects
Act as strategic liaison, project leader, change champion, and communicator with all project stakeholders (25%)
1. Lead change management activities on large scale, cross functional projects to ensure that project goals are met. This includes communication to executive leadership as well as key project team members and the wider organization as necessary
2. Maintain a clear and updated set of project documents
3. Schedule and conduct project meetings to ensure participants are fully engaged in project activity
4. Help articulate project goals and their fit into wider organizational processes
5. Help coordinate activities, and as necessary lead execution of activities to support strategy and as needed related operations
Determine necessary process/system training components; facilitate planning of process/system training and communication materials for project rollout (20%)
1. Support creation of process training documentation for implementation of key business process changes
2. Support creation of schedule, organization of sessions, documentation and execution of system training
3. Create and distribute key communications related to project milestones, change management, and roll out
4. Plan all aspects of communication events for project rollout (as necessary)
* 7-10 years project management or operational process leadership experience, media industry
* Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/production Engineering, Business Administration, Operations Management or related field or equivalent experience.
* MBA and/or PMP Certification preferred
* Strong group leadership skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
* Strong ability to manage complex projects, multiple stakeholders and articulate the dependencies and interrelationships.
* Strong business process re-engineering skills to include change management experience and the ability to articulate processes at varying degrees of granularity to different audiences.
* Strong written and oral communication skills to include the ability to articulate problems and solutions clearly, to conduct brainstorming sessions, etc.
* Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of staff toward change (to include executive management).
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY