Sr Program & Configuration Manager
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, VA
Full Time Job
SAP Financial Systems SR. Content & General Accounting Program Manager is responsible for managing the overall performance and delivery of cross-functional projects; enhancements and end user support. The position requires hands-on SAP configuration experience in financial modules with a focus on General Ledger / Financial Accounting, Treasury Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM), Asset Management and Project Systems (Program Content). Additionally, a strong understanding / demonstrated experience in translating finance and accounting principles into functional requirements and design. He/she will be accountable for all phases of project life cycle management within the Financial workstream which includes cross module integration: development of business requirements; blueprint design; perform system configuration to specifications; execute QA testing and production go-live cutover. He/she will have the necessary skills to work with cross departmental teams to develop complex requirements and lead process integration while maintaining systems integrity. Additionally, position has responsibility for staff management and resource planning with the ability to provide clear and timely communication with both IT Management and Business Stakeholders on ongoing projects and day-to-day support.
• Manage and coordinate all project phases with responsibilities which includes:
• Financial System configuration
• Development and management of overall project plan: project milestones; scope analysis and risk management; and resolution
• Blueprints: requirement analysis and process design
• Realization: configuration; unit testing; and coordination of user acceptance testing
• Go-live: cutover planning, data conversion; production system build and validation; and production support hand-over
• Training plan development and end user coordination
• Post Go-Live Support
• Plan and manage project resources to project deliverables that include:
• Resource planning of internal and external staff
• Develop and control/track the project budget
• Measure results and monitor key performance indicators to ensure project objectives are met throughout the project
• Provide and manage ongoing production support and system enhancements (design & configuration) to SAP users worldwide for all financial accounting / reporting and/or content / assets operations which may include the areas of accounts payable; Asset management; cash management; general ledger (multi-currency); asset management; controlling; FSCM and project systems. This includes:
• Coordination of development and deployment of new processes and system configuration to meet business needs.
• Resolve simple and complex application and system problems (includes configuration) related to break fixes and enhancements.
• Manage end user calls and trouble tickets for how-to’s; issue resolution and change management requests (enhancements) for the global business community.
• Setup and maintain configuration for base financial structures related to SAP company codes and other financial/purchasing master data
• Ability to apply strong finance experience as related to the setup configuration for base financial structures related to SAP company codes and other financial master data.
• Evaluate and escalate business unit requests and IT decisions to ensure they are in the best interest of customers and company goals.
• Outline potential solutions and business impacts to address change requests; prototype and demonstrate new functionality
• SAP OSS research for application bugs
• Enforce corporate standards and best practices in use of applications.
• Perform global regression testing for system upgrades and changes
• Assist in unit and integration testing for change requests; enhancements and new development.
• Develop training materials and assist with business community training.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree; MIS or Business major preferred
• Minimum eight (6) years hand-on functional configuration experience in SAP Financial Accounting (FI/CO) and/or Reporting.
• Demonstrated configuration experience in the areas of: General Ledger / Financial Accounting; Controlling; FSCM; Asset Management and Project Systems is a must.
• Minimum of five (5)? years of PM experience in a lead capacity; managing projects and managing resources with at least four structured full life cycle developments (ASAP Methodology).
• Ability to adhere to schedules and project time lines and communication of issues/problems that may impact the ability to meet objectives.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the integration points between the FI/?CO & Logistic modules and their inter-dependencies around Project Systems; Asset Management; Cash Management; and FSCM. ?
• Production support & master data maintenance experience is a must.
• Business experience working in an International Finance environment is a must.
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills that include initiative; ability to develop staff; priority setting; and relationship building.
• Ability to work in a team environment and across departments and/or functional modules
• Ability to work with business users as well as technical support personnel and communicate effectively with both.
• Accountable for successful project delivery through disciplined project management processes and close collaboration with stakeholders throughout the organization.
• Ability to multitask concurrent SAP issues/defect tickets and projects and still retains focus on the core objective of each issue/ticket/project.
• Must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to effectively interpret needs and requirements on technical level as well as related to Financial/Accounting principles and to the Procedure to Pay business process.
• Knowledge of US and International financial / accounting principles; multiple currency transactions and financial reporting related to local statutory requirements
• Limited project travel required