Sr. Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager, Video Player to lead video-focused initiatives that will drive our KPIs. The position will be responsible for the roadmap, analysis, and execution of video playback performance improvements for consumer-facing video player features across mobile, web and living room platforms. Areas of ownership for this role include: Video Player technology and features, workflows for live and on-demand content, and managing relationships with key video delivery partners.
• Drive the improvement of video player performance metrics including video start times, buffering rates, video error rates and more
• Collaborate with other members of the product team and drive experimentation of new features within the playback experience
• Work closely with video player engineering teams by defining use cases and requirements
• Develop and nurture relationships with external platform partners and technology vendors
• Manage video player functionality across multiple products, platforms and/or initiatives
• Collaborate with Data Science, Product Marketing and Content Operations teams
• Analyze data using various tools to find the insights that matter
• Prioritize and manage feature backlogs
• Craft well-constructed user stories based on consumer and business goals
• Keep on top of industry trends, technologies, and techniques
• Be a strong and vocal voice of the consumer
• Identify and push through new opportunities for Discovery Digital to continue to improve their standing as an industry leading video streaming platform
• Minimum 5 years of proven Product Management experience
• Background in digital media
• Previous experience working in an agile development environment
• Video player product management experience
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, proven ability to build and maintain relationships and to influence and lead without direct authority.
• Ability to make decisions quickly and independently with minimal oversight.
• Demonstrated ability to gather and synthesize requirements across diverse functional areas and convert them into a product roadmap and vision.
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience dealing with vendors is a plus
• Vendor Management experience
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery , Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.