Sr. Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2020 2:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr. Product Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Product Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Product Manager?
Full Time Job
As a Product Manager for the Search/Metadata/CMS workstreams, you will be responsible for search platform capabilities and user experience across all Discovery Communications products, supporting key discovery and selection workflows. Specifically, in this role, you will plan and execute Discovery’s implementation of Elasticsearch on AWS, and work with UX Designers, other Product Managers, and Engineers to develop and evangelize best practices for utilizing the search framework you built-in constructing relevant search experiences.
The ideal candidate for this role understands that search is a universal concern in both engineering and experience design. Discovery’s search infrastructure and framework must be seamlessly high performing for queries broad and narrow across a range of product domains, on every device type, for all users. You appreciate the need for Discovery’s search-related services to be standardized and highly adaptable and have the analytical problem-solving skills, work ethic, and attention to detail required to make that happen. This unique position requires you to also be a master of metadata and content operations supply chain diplomacy. Effectively negotiating and collaborating with third party syndication service providers while expertly managing both the technical requirements and creative expectations of internal stakeholders. Your dedication to unifying all teams under the same vision will drive the results needed to feed network programming systems accurately and consistently.
You will work closely with the Manager of Content Metadata & QA and Senior Manager, Content Operations, you’ll serve as the key subject matter expert in all areas associated with metadata display, syndication, and governance. Your diligence will help improve the overall discoverability of Discovery shows across platforms and will play an instrumental role in advancing Discovery’s positioning within the rapidly evolving digital marketplace. At the same time, you’re highly motivated, quick to learn the industry and competitive landscape, and know how to leverage your focus on customers to deliver exceptional experiences through a deep understanding of user intent. You aren’t just incrementally optimizing the current experience – instead, you’re constantly verifying that you’re solving the underlying customer challenges while keeping UX intuitive.
The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for setting a product vision and strategy for the application’s Search/Metadata/CMS infrastructure and framework and must work with UX and Engineering counterparts to define, prioritize and build what matters. They must also clearly articulate the business value to cross-functional teams, so they understand the intent behind the roadmap.
1. Create and manage product vision and roadmap
2. Identify customer needs and market requirements
3. Evaluate competitive landscape
4. Create proposals for new initiatives
5. Interface with and prioritize feature requests from internal stakeholders, prospects and customers
6. Partner with Engineering to align on the roadmap and business priorities
7. Create user stories and lead all Agile processes during the execution phase
8. Provide best practice guidance and support to other projects looking to consume the Search framework
9. Manage features and dependencies across release, product and support teams
10. Be accountable for the quality of feature releases, including adoption and performance metrics, usability, reliability, and other pre-defined success metrics.
11. Refine and improve existing metadata workflows. teaming up with editorial copywriters, video distribution specialists, platforms producers, product managers and support teams to proactively address all stakeholder demands and concerns
* 3 years of experience in Product Management or related technical field
* 2 years of experience working with search technologies such as Elasticsearch
* 2 years of experience researching and consulting on MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
* Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, using data to guide decisions
* Great communication and interpersonal skills that help you build consensus among stakeholders and lead through influence rather than direct hierarchical authority
* Polished presentation skills for internal and external audiences
* The ability to prioritize and create a strategy based upon an understanding of market trends, financial data, customer needs, competitive intel, and product metrics
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Hands-on leadership style while able to manage teams through product complexities and stakeholders.
* Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
* Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across the entire organization & extended teams.
* Successful in start-up environments, with a drive to get things done.
* Take ownership and initiative with little oversight.
* An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Interested candidates must submit a Resume/CV online to be considered
* Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice as necessary
* Must be willing to work in New York, NY
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be covered by Solutions, Discovery Inc. Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
new york city, new york, nyc, ny
Discovery is the new global leader in real-life entertainment. We bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences through digital and streaming services in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around us through amazing experiences.
Discovery's Digital Media team offers the excitement of building new digital streaming services with the backing of Discovery’s well-funded and iconic legacy business. We work fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products, platforms, services and experiences for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, and Travel Channel.
Our talented and engaged Product, Design and Creative teams are passionate about our mission and responsibility building the future of Discovery Digital. If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal work, with a fun, passionate team then this is the role for you.