Sr. Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As the Sr. Product Manager of Auth, Payments & Registration, you’ll prioritize and oversee product strategy and execution pertaining to user identity and authorization. This is a critical role that will work closely with both Discovery’s internal stakeholders and external digital partners to facilitate a transparent communication process as well as manage technical expectations. The candidate should be well versed in the creation of business requirements documentation, understand complex distribution platform specifications and have a solid ability to present to senior leaders across the organization. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of the AVOD and SVOD streaming spaces as well as modern authentication protocols and standards.
1. Serve as internal subject matter expert on matters pertaining to user authorization and identity
2. Collaborate with internal client stakeholders to create product requirements pertaining to identity and authorization
3. Develop relationships with key technical product and business counterparts
4. Regularly publish roadmap updates and solicit stakeholder feedback
5. Define and prioritize business requirements consisting of epic charters, user stories, and functional requirements
6. Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features
7. Collaborate with product designers to develop best-in-class user flows
8. Oversee onboarding of new multichannel video programming distributor (MVPD) partners
9. Liaise with Discovery distribution, legal, marketing and technical teams to ensure platform guidelines, requirements and updates are communicated with an understanding of potential roadmap impact
10. Partner closely with distribution, engineering, and marketing teams to ensure successful execution of initiatives
* 5 years of solid product/client management experience
* Strong understanding of AVOD and SVOD marketplaces and competitive dynamics
* Functional knowledge of modern entitlement validation authorization methods for achieving SSO (e.g. SAML)
* Detailed knowledge of popular video streaming platforms and purchase models
* Exceptionally strong communicator, skilled at aligning business leaders and managing shifting priorities
* Functional understanding of modern authorization standards for achieving Single Sign On and Federated Identity Management
* Drive technical communications with strategic partners to help drive internal and external alignment
* Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and bug tracking systems (ex: JIRA)
* Proven track record of understanding product growth and developing strategic roadmaps
* Previous experience collaborating with or managing complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an agile environment
* Direct experience in detailed planning and prioritization of epics and road mapping feature requests
* High comfort level in analytics and generating business insights from data trends
* Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight
* Previous experience digital media product management role and functional knowledge of related technologies
* Must submit Resume, CV, and Portfolio
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Hands-on leadership style while able to manage teams through product complexities and stakeholders.
* Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
* Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across the entire organization & extended teams.
* Successful in start-up environments, with a drive to get things done.
* Take ownership and initiative with little oversight.
* An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Interested candidates must submit a Resume/CV online to be considered (note job#: TBD)
* Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice as necessary
* Must be willing to work in New York, NY
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must be covered by Solutions, Discovery Inc. Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
New York City, NYC, New York, NY
Discovery is the new global leader in real-life entertainment. We bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences through digital and streaming services in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around us through amazing experiences.
Discovery's Digital Media team offers the excitement of building new digital streaming services with the backing of Discovery’s well-funded and iconic legacy business. We work fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products, platforms, services and experiences for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, and Travel Channel.
Our talented and engaged Product, Design and Creative teams are passionate about our mission and responsibility building the future of Discovery Digital. If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal work, with a fun, passionate team then this is the role for you.