Sr. Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2020 1:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr. Product Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Product Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Product Manager? About Discovery
Discovery is the new global leader in real-life entertainment. We bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences through digital and streaming services in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around us through amazing experiences.
Discovery's Digital Media team offers the excitement of building new digital streaming services with the backing of Discovery’s well-funded and iconic legacy business. We work fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products, platforms, services and experiences for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, OWN, and Travel Channel.
Our talented and engaged Product , Design and Creative teams are passionate about our mission and responsibility building the future of Discovery Digital . If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal work, with a fun, passionate team then this is the role for you.
We’re building products that will be a huge part of Discovery’s future! The Sr. Product Manager will be part of a team lead ing customer facing product management efforts for Discovery’s new streaming and direct to consumer services. The team driv e s the product strategy across platforms , develop s and implement s the roadmap , and write s detailed product briefs and requirements for our consumer facing digital properties .
Sr. Product Managers own the customer and product experience across our digital platforms including mobile, web and connected tv ecosystems. As Product Manager you are the owner of product led delivery in a lean , agile environment. As a product owner, you will oversee the daily management of cross-functional teams that include project and delivery managers, designers, lead engineers and developers.
Working with product and executive leadership, y ou will ultimately driv e the company’s end to end product vision and strategy, while collaborating to ensure a world-class product experience that drives clear customer value and business results .
• Be the voice of the customer for all aspects of the product experience to create lifetime value.
• Drive customer discovery via user research, design sprints, and other customer touchpoints.
• Provide product leadership for consumer-facing initiatives from product definition and requirements through technical delivery and iterative improvements .
• Develop a deep understanding of customers’ problems and the competitive landscape to build product refinements and new features that will truly delight and excite our subscribers around the globe.
• Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, marketing, product leadership, analytics and business insight teams on objectives for customer value and business requirements .
• Assist and manage planning and development prioritization for E ngineering and DesignUX teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables .
• Contribute to a product roadmap that accomplishes both customer/business goals and aligns with the team charter and tenets .
• Work with UX R esearch and Business A nalyst team s to synthesize quantitative and qualitative user data to inform key product decisions that address user needs.
• Participate in all phases of product development lifecycle, from evangelizing the roadmap to creating detailed product requirements and managing prioritization, through launch and post-launch activities .
• Define, track, and report on Smart Goals & OKRs that drive product decisions and measure success .
• 3-5 year proven history of product management and successful software delivery.
• Knowledge of or experience working with subscription businesses and metrics are a huge plus.
• Experience working with Web technologies as well as native platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) as well as an understanding of video streaming infrastructure .
• Demonstrate strong strategic aptitude, thinking , communicating, and great decision making .
• Experience using analytics tools and data platforms to inform product decision-making.
• Successfully led effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development .
• Demonstrate a strong attention to detail , and the ability to make decisions through effective written and oral communications with technical, design business and executive stakeholders.
• E xperience balancing dependencies across numerous initiatives and complex project plans .
• Demonstrated p roficie ncy making decisions using data, analytics and best practices to drive results.
• You have a ''driver'' personality - constantly pushing toward clarity , mission and successful delivery.
• Proven e xperience using JIRA , Confluence and other product , design and project management tools .
• You’re a resourceful leader with no fear of rolling up your sleeves and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
• Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across the entire organization & extended teams.
• You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time with a first to tackle, roll up your sleeves approach.
• You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges .
• Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches .
• Successful in start-up environments, with a drive to get things done .
• Take ownership and initiative with little oversight . An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build .
• Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.