Sr Product Designer & Facilitator
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery Digital Studios is in the process of revitalizing and enhancing its products across our Food Network and HGTV brands. Our aim is to translate the strategic vision of our lifestyle brands into delightful and engaging consumer experiences across web, mobile, video and emerging spaces.
As a Senior Product Designer and Facilitator, in addition to creating the user experience of digital products, you will also plan and lead workshop sprints and brainstorming sessions to support the design and development of products across multiple brands and platforms. You will help surface and leverage team members’ expertise and create a safe space for others to effectively collaborative. You are a conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems.
1. Collaborate with other teams (Product, Editorial, Marketing, Engineering, etc.) to create innovative, world-class digital products that customers can’t live without.
2. Empathize with our customers, create valuable experiences that are delightful to engage with, and are incredibly easy-to-use.
3. Define and facilitate formal and informal collaborative sessions in the form of workshop sprints and brainstorming sessions (both in person and remote)
4. Plan user research and testing to support collaborative sessions
5. Assist in the evolution of curriculum to train and coach teams across the organization (and possibly around the globe) to work more collaboratively and think more innovatively
6. Design group activities that suit the wicked problems being tackled
* You have at least 5 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; designing across platforms (web, mobile apps, connected tv, voice platforms).
* You have at least 2 years of experience facilitating workshops using a formal collaborative framework (Design Thinking, HCD, Google Sprints, Double Diamond, etc.)
* You have practical experience designing and developing products and delivering them to market; you are not just a theoretical design strategist
* You see the big picture, yet have great attention to detail
* You are a natural leader and teacher, able to create energy and engagement and bring out the best in others
* You are an organized thinker yet able to pivot effortlessly and effectively when needed - and to recognize when a pivot is needed
* You are a highly effective communicator - in verbal, visual, and written form
* You are versatile and can adjust to a range of communication styles
* You have a proactive attitude and strong time management skills. You share suggestions and take initiative for what needs to be done, rather than wait for detailed instructions.
* Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities
* Must love food, cooking, lifestyle, culture
* Must have an online portfolio
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Bonus points if you have…
* Teaching experience
* Product Management experience
* Project Management experience
* Managerial experience
new york city, new york, nyc, ny