Sr Motion Designer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Sr. Motion Designer, you will collaborate closely with fellow members of the Product Creative, Design and Marketing teams to conceptualize, design and develop groundbreaking interactive and marketing materials across our core products, platforms and services. You are a talented, hands-on Senior Motion Graphics Designer, with a strong understanding developing brand guides, prototyping, editing and compositing experience. You will work directly with Creative Directors, Producers, and Designers to assist in the motion design and video production process. Typical projects range from UI/UX demo animations to marketing materials and hero graphics on/off domain.
Your role as a creative leader drives our brand and product marketing experiences to engage, delight and resonate with new and existing fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research and data to design experiences people love. You work within a dedicated, cross-functional Agile team by communicating big ideas and experiences that are attainable to move the business forward while inspiring the customer.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site in our offices at New York, NY and/or Los Angeles, CA.
1. Demo Reel, motion libraries and samples that expresses range of work is required.
2. Lead Motion Design strategy and delivery for large-scale, high-priority apps, product experiences and platform marketing.
3. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
4. Design and manage motion libraries and style guides for our digital brands and product lines.
5. Manage complex products and project plans with multiple work streams & dependencies.
6. Define, design and maintain interaction and motion models through use cases, and flows.
7. Demonstrate and manage the highest design standards - providing clear direction to team members, stakeholders, and research.
8. Hands-on Motion Design; establish initial design direction/concepts through development.
9. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to Mid/Senior Executives.
* 5 years’ experience as Motion Designer or Interaction Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, brand agency, or multi-platform company.
* 3 years’ experience working on high performing design teams & digital product experiences.
* Degree in Interaction Design, Motion Design, Graphic Design and/or combined work experience with Design Thinking & Agile development methodologies.
* Experience designing 10ft, VUI, Connected and Multi-Modal Product Design Systems required.
* Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments including needs for multiple screen ratios and displays.
* Expertise in Cinema 4D, Adobe Software Suite and rapid prototyping are required.
* Working experience with Principal, Story, and Atomic Design methods are important.
* Education in Graphic Design, Motion Design and/or Interaction Design required.
* Ability to manage multiple work streams & deliver the highest quality for large scale products.
* Proficiency in high level strategic thinking with the ability to identify cross product impacts
* Online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
* Creative thinker with deep understanding of digital storytelling and current trends.
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Engineering, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Business and Sales.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
* Proven track record with a variety of successful products & campaigns across multiple platforms and ecosystems with experience in multiple brands, productions and operations.
* Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its effect on the intended audience.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES.
* Strong portfolio showcasing broad range of Motion, Visual, and Design Process is a MUST.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.