Sr. Marketing Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is the global streaming and editorial powerhouse that engages and inspires millions of passionate golf fans around the world and home to the following brands: Golf Digest, GOLFTV PGA TOUR.
• Golf Digest: The preeminent authority on how, what and where to play and Official Marketing Partner of the TOUR.
• GOLFTV (launched in January 2019): A global streaming platform outside of the U.S. delivering live coverage of every PGA TOUR tournament in over 180 countries.
• PGA TOUR: The world’s #1 premiere membership organization for golf professionals, co-sanctioning more than 130 tournaments around the globe.
The Pre-Sale Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and is responsible for the development of custom marketing campaigns for our commercial divisions within Discovery Golf. This individual will support Discovery Golf’s print, digital, video, social and experiential programming, managing the creation of strategic programs for our external partners.
• Conceptualize and develop advertiser-specific marketing programs, such as in-magazine advertorials, online/digital/social campaigns, and customized events
• Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Marketing team to create and execute integrated programs on behalf of the Golf Digest, GOLFTV and PGA TOUR brands and their clients
• Act as day-to-day contact person between sales and marketing on RFP's
• Develop and write integrated marketing/added-value proposals
• Work with team to brainstorm/develop/execute new programs, partnerships, and “big ideas”
• Drive the initial creation and development of custom programming in the following ways:
• Create compelling, persuasive presentations and decks to pitch new ideas, plans and partnerships to potential advertising sales clients
• Liaison with other internal groups (editorial, digital, content, social, etc.) to develop marketing ideas across platforms for incoming client RFPS
• Participate in client-facing meetings, pitches and brainstorms
• A minimum of 5 years of working in digital marketing and/or relevant integrated marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, event marketing , client side marketing)
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively
• Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans
• Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communication skills, and comfortable promoting the merits of new ideas to multiple stakeholders
• Experience managing a marketing budget
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Expert knowledge of all MS Office professional productivity applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
• Expertise in Mac based graphic, video and audio editing a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or a related field, or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience is required.
• Experience in Sports required. Experience in Golf preferred.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.