Sr. Manager, Growth Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery , Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Senior Manager, Acquisition Marketing, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Growth Marketing, you will manage all strategic and tactical marketing functions including: Go-To Market strategy, acquisition channels and optimization. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how to leverage a wide array of digital and offline marketing channels to develop strategic campaigns to acquire new customers.
• A proven direct response marketer with the ability to develop and execute successful acquisition strategies within a digital subscription environment
• Experience leading and managing high performance teams
• A customer first, creative thinker who isn’t afraid of working with data to enhance campaigns and overall strategies
• A self-starter who can identify new opportunities or testing strategies across multiple channels
• An eagerness to learn and follow industry trends to drive innovation and key results
• Support the Sr. Director in the execution of global marketing programs and product launches from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration.
• Lead the strategic development and execution of all marketing campaigns to drive customer acquisition across our SVOD platforms. This includes project managing assets to be created, deadlines to meet, and ensure teams are aligned and projects are moving forward.
• Collaborate with internal media & strategy team to develop campaigns that leverage both the Discovery portfolio and external digital paid media to acquire new subscribers within acceptable CPA target based on customer lifetime value models.
• Own and manage a global marketing budget – supporting the Sr. Director on the budgetary and planning process, as well as monitoring the execution and efficiency of the marketing plan.
• Manage both internal and external creative resources to support campaign asset development
• Assist in development of strategies to optimization conversion landing pages (funnel) working closely with product stakeholders
• Monitor, optimize, and report on performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis, working with internal departments and external agencies to pivot as necessary to drive greatest result
• Lead A/B and multivariate testing to continuously drive improvement in campaign performance and landing page conversion.
• Work closely analytics team to analyze campaign ROI, insights and key performance indicator
• Establish and operationalize marketing calendars to manage multi-channel campaigns, including price promotions and bundle offers
• Continuously identify and evaluate key digital marketplace and OTT trends to inform marketing strategies.
• Lead and manage a team of two direct reports
• 5-7 years' experience in direct to consumer acquisition marketing.
• Experience in at least two of the following: audience development, direct response digital marketing, entertainment/media/television marketing, or building a digital subscriber base.
• Proven project management and strategic marketing skills including budget management and media planning.
• A keen analytic leaning but also possesses a creative flare.
• Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads.
• Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
• Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.