Sr. Manager, Fan Relations
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, TN
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2021 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Fan Relations jobs in Los Angeles-TN
Search all Sr. Manager, Fan Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Manager, Fan Relations? Position Summary
Discovery brands continue to grow globally and across platforms, and Fan Relations is building media strategies and systems that meet world-class standards for which Discovery is known. Our company is evolving as we expand from a traditional linear pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile.
Fan Relations is a customer support function under Corporate Communications and assists all of Discovery’s U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet. From linear pilots to sweepstakes launches, website redesigns, corporate and legal escalations, advertising inquiries and our many digital offerings, Fan Relations constantly provides top-level customer service to consumers, internal clients, and business partners.
The Senior Manager, Fan Relations exists to help deliver a seamless customer experience across all stages of the customer journey. He or she will create and strengthen strategic and collaborative relationships with digital business partners, use independent decision-making skills, technical expertise, and knowledge of business objectives to quickly identify and effectively address needs. Using exceptional organizational and communication skills, the Senior Manager will help Discovery continually achieve greater customer satisfaction, increased efficiency, and profitability.
The Senior Manager will be a liaison between our Discovery digital business partners and Fan Relations team. This person will help define brand identity by effectively drafting internal and external communication, leading team members through pivotal launches and organizational shifts, and training, coaching, and reporting on team performance. He or she will oversee support staff and daily operations, ensuring proper standards and deliverables are met. (S)he will also be responsible for operational planning and implementing requirements as defined by the business.
Also, he or she will appreciate the urgency of working in a live environment, demonstrating key emotional intelligence skills and invoking a positive and determined spirit within the staff. The senior manager will possess the vital ability to lead by example, invigorating team members and sharing his or her passion for a stellar customer experience.
• Develop strategies to increase quality and efficiency of customer care
• Supervise daily operations
• Manage financial forecasting and budgetary needs
• Manage agent hiring, training, retention and performance
• Create effective customer care procedures, policies, and standards
• Monitor KPIs and other metrics to ensure team effectiveness
• Be accountable for crafting and fulfilling service-level agreements
• Assess service performance and create executive reports
• Collaborate with clients and business partners to define workflows and requirements, maximizing revenues and customer satisfaction
• Deliver world-class, proactive customer service to internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain a culture of team collaboration and open communication
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a team
• Minimum 3 years digital media experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
• Proven project management, strategic visioning skills and the ability to develop and grow positive internal and external relationships
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience working in high volume performance-driven environments while demonstrating ability to lead and develop a diverse team and influence stakeholders to drive positive change
• Superior customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to interact and support different levels within the organization
• Proven success in building cross-functional teams and delivering exceptional customer service
• Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability, trust, and collaboration
• Ability to embrace a constantly changing environment
• In-depth knowledge of mobile apps and connected devices
• Exceptional communication, presentation and organization skills
• Proficiency with Office Suite and demonstrated competency in learning new software
• Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.