Sr. Manager, Editorial Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About the Role:
Within the DTC team, the Sr. Manager, Editorial Operations supports the Sr. Director, Programming & Merchandising, in developing and overseeing the execution and communication of editorial plans. The role requires a combination of strategic, creative, project management and analytical skills to go along with an ability to collaborate with stakeholders throughout the company.
• You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to take initiative
• You’re proactive and enjoy finding innovative solutions and thinking outside the box
• Ability to build and maintain effective cross functional and partner relationships
• Ability to structure and adjust communication style for varying audiences
• You enjoy the challenge of complex problems and systems
• Thrive working under pressure and tight deadlines
• Define and streamline editorial workflows for efficiently and effectively capturing and distributing information.
• Develop, maintain & distribute editorial & merchandising schedules & calendars
• Organize & lead cross-functional teams in daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly meetings to drive the business and inform stakeholders.
• Collaborate with partners in marketing, sales, legal, distribution, product and design to ensure that plans are integrated and informed by the priorities and policies of all departments.
• Collaborate with entire Programming & Merchandising team, Marketing and Analytics to produce portfolio & brand-level quarterly & monthly performance presentations
• Operational lead with Analytics team to track & shepherd strategic performance analyses
• Operational lead for editorial & merchandising elements within the digital product roadmap, achieving internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the roadmap ensures the right features are delivered and implemented as expected.
• Prioritize and effectively manage time to maximize return on investment.
• Ensure complex business needs are perfectly documented and stakeholders are fully informed and on board.
• Provide strong team leadership – lead by example, gain context, and roll up your sleeves.
• Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment.
• Own all project reporting including status and risks and issues.
• Prepare and present project status updates as required, including to executive stakeholders
• Be attentive to detail and possess a high-degree of follow-through.
• Expert in organizing projects and team management
• Experience with workflow applications, documentation and analysis
• Ability to see the large picture as well as get into the weeds of creative projects
• Background in editorial content preferred
• Proven track record of consumer-obsession
• At least 7 years of project management or related experience in a digital media field.
• Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
• Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, OWN and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.