Sr. Manager, Digital Strategy
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/6/2021 5:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Digital Strategy jobs in London-UK
Search all Sr. Manager, Digital Strategy postings
Full Time Job
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. The Sr. Manager, Digital Strategy is part of the Global DTC Strategy group and will be responsible for developing and implementing the business plans and goals across the digital portfolio.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Sr. Manager, Global Digital Strategy you will drive the growth of the Discovery Digital business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your drive, focus on big picture and influencing skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of all the digital offerings, the business and be a key drivers of the strategy.
The Global DTC Strategy team is responsible for driving and developing our digital businesses, focused on the biggest opportunities and risks through a wide range of strategic evaluation and analysis, and the generation of data-rooted, analytically driven insights. The team also serves as project managers, leading all aspects from inception to closing and carrying out a strategic role for day-to-day execution.
The Sr Manager is responsible for performing smart analyses on strategic objectives, using market and internal comps to build trend analyses & generate actionable insights to drive customer acquisition, engagement, retention, ratings, satisfaction & LTV. In addition, the Sr Manger will create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings & recommendations to senior level executives.
• Manage planning and forecasting of KPIs / financials across the DTC portfolio
• Manage multiple work-streams in a highly matrixed organization
• Provide analysis and modeling financial impact of various strategic initiatives. Build and maintain financial and operational models to determine return on investment scenarios as well as areas for optimization
• Ability to build and design deep dive presentations on several topics and domains, able to develop presentations tailored for different stakeholders and display thru interactive and graphical visualizations complex subjects
• Work with the VP in order to develop the analysis and plans required for a project, agree on deadlines, conduct necessary due diligence, gather necessary requirements and work on providing deliverables on expected dates
• Work hand in hand with the Analytics team in order to get the necessary data and together provide insights and actionable recommendations
• Help design and develop various KPI dashboards
• Partner with various Digital functions including the Content, Marketing and Product team and provide them strategic consulting and business acumen
• Develop tests and analysis to measure impact of various initiatives to drive our streaming business
• Research and develop plans for Direct to Consumer Digital businesses. Conduct industry and company analysis, including market research, track and compile industry trends.
• Support VP in preparing executive materials including Board decks, investor presentations and slides for the Audit and Finance Committee as well as any post mortems, overview and ad hoc presentations
• Attend DTC leadership meetings for strategic discussions
• Develop and build execution plans for new ideas to grow the DTC Business
• Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
• 5 years of Consulting, Investment Banking or Corporate Strategy experience
• Experience in strategy development and implementation
• Significant experience in developing financial models and in creating and presenting decks
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills as well as Google Sheets and Google Slides
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to recognize and communicate meaningful patterns in data
• Experience in market research
• Streaming, subscription and digital media backgrounds strongly preferred
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent attention to detail; must demonstrate ability for consistent accuracy
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Highly collaborative and ability to demonstrate diplomacy, tact and integrity
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team