Sr Interaction Designer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery Digital is seeking an experienced Sr. Interaction Designer responsible for developing architecture and interactive prototypes for a variety of global products across different mediums and platforms including multi-modal and voice enabled devices. This role will partner closely with strategy, business, design & development teams. You will work closely with research and design architects to develop and deliver amazing product experiences. A strong understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be critical for success. The Sr. Interaction Designer is dedicated to excellence with a profound ability to find solutions to problems in a complex and constantly changing global product ecosystems and environments. The Sr. Interaction Designer inspires members of Design and Product Teams to develop and deliver global products, interfaces and experiences people love.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. Our brands include Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and leading content partners around the world. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
1. Lead/Manage Interaction Design for large-scale, high-priority apps and product experiences.
2. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
3. Manage complex products and project plans with multiple work streams & dependencies.
4. Define and create the user experience and interaction architecture for our products, platforms, services and experiences.
5. Define, design and maintain functionality, navigation, and interaction models through use cases, user maps and flows, and functional requirements documentation for Product Design.
6. Demonstrate and manage the highest design standards - providing clear Interaction and Design direction to team members, stakeholders, and research.
7. Provide hands-on Interaction Design; establish initial design direction/concepts then delegate to team members.
8. Lead & Define testing criteria for Voice UI, Interaction Design and UX Motion studies, A/B & Usability Testing of products/platforms.
9. Develop and maintain all IXD Template libraries, personas, design mockups, usage scenarios, user flows, prototypes, navigational maps and experience documentation.
10. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to Mid/Senior Executives.
* 5 yrs of experience as Information Architect, Interaction Designer, Front End Developer, or Motion Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, or multi-platform company.
* 3 yrs experience working on high performing design teams & connected product experiences.
* Degree in Interaction Design, Product Development, User Centric Design, Motion Design and/or combined work experience with Design Thinking & Agile development methodologies.
* Experience designing 10ft, VUI, Connected and Multi-Modal Product Design Systems required.
* Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments
* Expertise in Sketch, InVision Tools, Adobe Suite and rapid prototyping are required.
* Working experience with Principal, Story, and Atomic Design methods are important.
* Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
* Education in Interaction Design, HCI, UX Architecture, and/or Product Design required.
* Ability to manage multiple work streams & deliver the highest quality for large scale products.
* Proficiency in high level strategic thinking with the ability to identify cross product impacts
* Online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Engineering, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Business and Sales.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment with multiple projects & deadlines.
* Capable of leading Design Thinking & Design Sprint sessions to ensure that customer centered with clear vision is implemented through Design Thinking Best Practices.
* Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms, screens and ecosystems with experience in multiple brands, productions and operations.
* Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its effect on the intended audience.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are big plusses.
* Strong portfolio showcasing broad range of UX, IXD, Visual, and Design Process is a must.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.