Sr Interaction Designer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Sr. Interaction Designer, you will collaborate closely with fellow members of the Product Design, Engineering and Business teams to conceptualize, design and develop groundbreaking interactive experiences across our core products, platforms and services. You are an integral part of how we work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary user centered product environment. You will have hands-on experience as an Interaction Designer with a deep understanding of Design Thinking, and product design. In this role, you will partner across multiple product, business and cross-functional teams responsible for global multi-platform portfolios.
Your role as an Experience Design Leader drives our product experiences to engage, delight and resonate with new and existing fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You will thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research and data to design experiences people love. You will lead and motivate dedicated, cross-functional Agile teams by communicating big ideas and experiences that are attainable to move the business forward.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site in our offices at New York, NY and/or Los Angeles, CA.
1. Lead/Manage Interaction Design for large-scale, high-priority apps and product experiences.
2. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
3. Manage complex products and project plans with multiple work streams & dependencies.
4. Define and create the user experience and interaction architecture for our products, platforms, services and experiences.
5. Define, design and maintain functionality, navigation, and interaction models through use cases, user maps and flows, and functional requirements documentation for Product Design.
6. Demonstrate and manage the highest design standards - providing clear Interaction and Design direction to team members, stakeholders, and research.
7. Provide hands-on Interaction Design; establish initial design direction/concepts then delegate to team members.
8. Lead & Define testing criteria for Voice UI, Interaction Design and UX Motion studies, A/B & Usability Testing of products/platforms.
9. Develop and maintain all IXD Template libraries, personas, design mockups, usage scenarios, user flows, prototypes, navigational maps and experience documentation.
10. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to Mid/Senior Executives.
* 5 yrs of experience as Information Architect, Interaction Designer, Front End Developer, or Motion Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, or multi-platform company.
* 3 yrs experience working on high performing design teams & connected product experiences.
* Degree in Interaction Design, Product Development, User Centric Design, Motion Design and/or combined work experience with Design Thinking & Agile development methodologies.
* Experience designing 10ft, VUI, Connected and Multi-Modal Product Design Systems required.
* Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments
* Expertise in Sketch, InVision Tools, Adobe Suite and rapid prototyping are required.
* Working experience with Principal, Story, and Atomic Design methods are important.
* Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
* Education in Interaction Design, HCI, UX Architecture, and/or Product Design required.
* Ability to manage multiple work streams & deliver the highest quality for large scale products.
* Proficiency in high level strategic thinking with the ability to identify cross product impacts
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Engineering, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Business and Sales.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
* Capable of leading Design Thinking & Design Sprint sessions to ensure that customer centered with clear vision is implemented through Design Thinking Best Practices.
* Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms, screens and ecosystems with experience in multiple brands, productions and operations.
* Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its affect on the intended audience.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES.
* Strong portfolio showcasing broad range of UX, IXD, Visual, and Design Process is a MUST.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.