Sr Front-End Developer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
GOLFTV is building out an Product Engineering team to deliver the customer-facing digital experiences across all platforms.
We are looking for a team player who loves to solve business problems through technology and will rise to the challenge of being an integral part of a fun, complex and cross-functional team.
You are a passionate coder with at least 7 years of software development who has background in the sports and media industry with the ability to contribute to software development, collaborate on technical discussions, take an active part in technical decisions while also being able to communicate with the stakeholders.
We always strive to use the tools appropriate for the job. Our front-end stack: ReactJS/React Native, TypeScript, Apollo client (GraphQL), and native code where needed (Swift, Java, etc).
1. Write solid, scalable, reusable code
2. Collaborate with other software engineers and developers, on the various layers of infrastructure for our applications
3. Ensure responsiveness of applications and maintain quality
4. Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
5. Develop applications for web, iOS, Android, and OTT(TVs, connected devices) platforms.
6. Build new user-facing features using React Native/React.js/TypeScript.
7. Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
8. Collaborate with co-workers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
9. Translating designs and requirements into high quality code.
10. Peer code reviews.
11. Stay informed with changes in technology.
12. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
* Experience with back end services like Firebase and Amazon AWS.
* Experienced in working on large scale, high-volume digital platforms.
* Ability to consistently produce high-quality deliverables on time.
* Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills with the ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
* A passion for Golf and/or a good understanding of the media and sport industries is a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
GOLFTV is a new international venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. Discovery Golf is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.