Sr. Director, Product Management
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Director, Product Management jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Director, Product Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Director, Product Management?
Full Time Job
Sr. Director, Product Management (Experimentation)
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery , Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
We are hiring a Senior Director, Product Management - Experimentation, to lead the creation of our next generation experimentation platform. They will focus on features and capabilities that will increase the velocity and complexity of experiments for discovery globally.
The Senior Director will lead a mission to empower teams to make data driven decisions at scale with the creation, launch, and ongoing product management of an experimentation platform. They will lead effective product development processes that start with the customers and work back from there. They will develop innovative product features, implement scalable solutions, and ensure an end-to-end world class experience. They will collaborate with engineering leaders to prioritize, build, and enhance key features. They will establish operating processes and standards to drive systematic improvements through data-driven experimentation, facilitate the execution of experiments, and inform the strategy and prioritization of the suite of experiments.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate to deliver the best product experience for customers, and innovative solutions for the business. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the customer. They will have a passion for experimentation and driving ongoing enhancements through customer-focused testing. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
• Partner with senior product, content, engineering, data, business, and marketing leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices needed to develop a multi-platform, global experimentation platform.
• Lead the product planning, development, and roadmap for product feature areas critical to platform development, with a focus on features and capabilities that increase the velocity and complexity of experiments.
• Develop and evangelize a testing process to drive rapid experimentation of discovery in all available markets, across all surfaces/platforms.
• Evangelize the use of and grow the adoption of the platform through coaching, training, and transparency.
• Collaborate closely with data science & analytics teams to ensure scientific rigor and incorporate advanced capabilities into the platform.
• Work closely with a customer-centric design team to create user interfaces and tools that are easy to use, and enable teams to create, launch, and manage tests independently.
• Build a scalable team to manage and enhance the experimentation platform across countries and platforms.
• Hire, manage, and develop product managers, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers.
• Build an innovative and disciplined team culture that builds trust, encourages collaborations, maintains strong accountability, delivers results, increases employee engagement, and has fun.
• Minimum of 7 years of proven experience in product management in technology, media, or relevant industries.
• Minimum of 2 years managing PM teams to deliver compelling customer products, with responsibilities that included day-to-day management, professional development, hiring and retention, and coaching and mentoring.
• Solid understanding of data collection, event tracking and data analysis. Strong analytical and problemsolving skills
• Direct experience building and scaling an experimentation platform strongly preferred. Platform product experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and peers to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and product concepts, creating compelling product designs, implement new features and systems, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Experience developing and managing process, tools, and systems to create and manage a/b testing.
• Experience leading and driving systematic improvements across product, design, and engineering teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
• Experience working with engineering and data science teams to build model-based product features is a plus.
• Prior experience with industry 3rd party experimentation tools is a plus.
• Experience with video and streaming subscription products is a plus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.