Sr Director Customer & Propositions
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains.
We are looking for a Senior Director – Customer and Propositions to join the Eurosport leadership team, drive the strategic pricing and packaging plans for Eurosport Player for different markets across Europe.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, you will own our pricing and packaging strategy, as well as take responsibility for the day to management of our pricing execution. You will apply analytically rigorous methods to align the value we deliver to our customers and establish a regular and systematic review process to update pricing across our portfolio, thorough analysis of the competition, costs, market dynamics and capacity.
The successful candidate will bring deep expertise, strategic insights and business judgment to pricing and packaging discussions. In addition, you will immerse yourself in data to draw out key insights and to communicate recommendations to senior executives.
• Understand our customers’ purchase and post-purchase journeys quantitatively (through web and channel analytics) and qualitatively (through user research and insights)
• Develop an understanding of customer lifetime value holistically, and lead efforts to drive increased CLTV
• Take our lifecycle marketing efforts to new levels, through enhanced segment- and trigger- based communication tests and strategies, as well as promotional strategies, to drive repurchase rates
Pricing and Packaging
• Develop pricing, packaging, and promotion strategies to maximize customer lifetime value while meeting revenue and profitability goals
• Drive pricing and product packaging insights from market research using both qualitative and quantitative data, including conjoint studies to inform new propositions
• Understand price elasticity of our products to understand trade-offs in units vs. price, and longer-term business implications of maximizing for unit growth vs. revenue growth
• Align the leadership team on metrics for success, and guardrails for pricing and packaging strategies: cash vs. units vs. lifetime revenue vs. margin vs. NPS
• Achieve cross-departmental (Finance, Marketing, General Managers, Product) leadership buy-in to proposed strategies
• Create and use financial models to explore alternative pricing and packaging scenarios, partnering with Finance as needed
• Recommend processes, technologies, and additional people skillsets needed to build our pricing and packaging capability
• Passion for all forms of Sports entertainment, digital distribution and the implementation of new business / digital models.
• Extensive experience in leading pricing /elasticity models workstreams.
• Proven track record in building and growing a team.
• Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
• Translates business goals into a well-defined plan and communicates link between current activities and goals.
• Spends times identifying all stakeholders’ necessary and connects with all of them, to shape a collective buy-in and further push the marketing agenda.
• Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people.
• Degree level or above. M.Sc. in Marketing / MBA a plus.
This is an integral role within the Eurosport Marketing, and wider Digital team, and will be accountable for leading the work which drives Eurosport Digital revenue growth plans.