Senior Director, Audience Growth and Optimization
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/2/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director, Audience Growth and Optimization jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director, Audience Growth and Optimization postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director, Audience Growth and Optimization?
Full Time Job
Come work on the hottest new streaming service, Discovery , and on some of the most beloved global brands including HGTV, Food Network, Discovery, TLC and more.
OUR TEAM: Global Subscriber Acquisition
The Global Subscriber Acquisition team is a data and technology driven group within the Direct-to-Consumer Marketing team focused on one simple and clear KPI: drive new customer sign-ups to our products and services, mainly our crown jewel, the discovery streaming service. The team brings together all subscriber acquisition disciplines including paid media, owned media, organic media, and media sciences.
THE ROLE: Senior Director, Audience Growth and Optimization
The Senior Director of Audience Growth and Optimization is a ''jack of all trades'' leadership position within the Subscriber Acquisition team focused on driving discovery sign-ups via all non-media tactics including but not limited to SEO/ASO, landing page and app store page management, conversion funnel optimization, email marketing, and media partner affiliate programs. The position will work closely with their media-centric counterparts in acquisition, as well as many other key stakeholder groups to maximize subscriber growth through data-driven optimizations to all key subscriber growth levers.
The position will require both vision and leadership for audience segmentation strategies, growing and enhancing our acquisition channel mix via new channel development tactics, A/B testing agendas, technology and infrastructure roadmapping as well as a zest for leaning into the day to day cadence of reporting data, gleaning insights, and enacting optimization strategies. The position will also manage a team of eight individuals of varying disciplines and rallying them for a common cause.
• Responsible for developing and executing strategies for SEO/ASO, landing page/subscription flow, email marketing, and affiliate marketing to maximize subscriber acquisition
• Be a strategic leader within the acquisition team and lead a team by fostering an environment of strategic thinking, learning, growth, and making a meaningful impact to the business without sacrificing kindness and teamwork
• Own the web and app store landing page strategy including prioritization of messaging and content, SEO site management strategy, conversion rate optimization, and own the roadmap for page enhancements and product requirements. Partnering with key stakeholders to develop a best-in-class user experience and continuously test performance to improve conversion.
• Fearlessly lead the ongoing experimentation and optimization roadmap for our key conversion and marketing channels, running bold growth experiments, optimizing funnels, testing new layouts to deliver on business goals and improve customer experience. You will evaluate methodologies and processes to prioritize and execute on optimization efforts with a data-driven lens.
• Proactively seek new opportunities to fill our audience funnel via new channel development tests to continuously improve and build out a healthy and sustainable acquisition channel mix.
• Develop reporting infrastructure for all organic functions and ensure data & insights are communicated to stakeholders and utilized for regular optimizations
• Help integrate non-media strategies into the overall attribution reporting process
• Uncover opportunities to reduce or redeploy paid media budgets through organic substitution
• Develop audience segmentation strategies for landing page and app store optimization and email marketing to deliver the most relevant messages and experiences to unique cohorts
• Conceive and develop the appropriate technology and data infrastructure necessary to deliver an aggressive testing agenda and targeted, relevant experiences to prospective customers
• Document business logic in a way that is equally intelligible by both business and technical stakeholders
• 10 years of experience working in direct-to-consumer businesses in a growth marketing capacity
• Solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward.
• Experience in streaming/entertainment a plus
• Strong growth track record, with samples and results of past campaigns.
• Outstanding written, oral and organizational ability.
• Experience in SEO
• Proficiency in analysis and basic descriptive statistics
• Knowledge of HTML, web pixel/tagging structures, and general UX design
• Ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in agile environments
• Ability to understand business problems, draw conclusions from data and offer solutions
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
• Self-starter, willing to get hands dirty and ''make it happen''
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States