Sr Dir / Dir - Digital Distrib
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr Dir/Dir - Digital Distrib (New Media)
The Domestic Distribution team is responsible for distributing Discovery’s 18 US networks, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, and Investigation Discovery. The group is also responsible for distributor relationships vis-à-vis related digital products, and works with the international division and other teams for global opportunities.
This director will develop and execute strategies for distribution & monetization of Discovery’s digital media offerings across digital. This person will identify, cultivate and manage relationships with ad-supported video partners, vMVPD distributors and app platforms in order to facilitate revenue growth for DCI. This person will negotiate distribution deals, oversee performance and generally drive growth strategy, frequently in collaboration with internal and external contributors. Reports to the Vice President of Digital Distribution & Growth.
1. Negotiate new video distribution deals for Discovery (DCI) content across varied business models, including select vMVPDs and ad-supported social & digital platforms; renew agreements for year on year revenue growth.
2. Lead coordination of external partners and internal teams in execution of a portfolio-level strategy to drive DCI ad monetization potential to full potential.
3. Provide account-level oversight of vMVPDs, covering operational performance, content marketing initiatives and relationship development to keep DCI top of mind.
4. Cultivate relationships with potential ad-supported digital partners (video and new media) in order to identify new reach and revenue sources for DCI.
5. Assist on other content distribution related matters including app distribution and D2C business development, as appropriate.
6. Create and maintain term sheets, sales documents and other strategic planning documents.
7. Develop insightful presentations that summarize ongoing analysis of key business drivers & trends in order to influence decision-making and priorities.
8. Conduct market research & analysis to track and compile industry trends; maintain understanding of competitive marketplace (e.g., positioning of other programmers and distributor initiatives).
* Excellent understanding of digital video platforms and ad-supported distribution.
* Demonstrated ability to define and execute strategies for year on year partnership growth as measured by revenue, reach and similar KPIs.
* Must be a strong negotiator with proven experience in cable distribution and/or premium content partnerships.
* Candidate should have current relationships with key digital distribution clients
* Candidate should be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a strategic thinker, and focuses on generating results.
* Ability to operate collaboratively in a matrix organization with multiple cross-functional touchpoints.
* Excellent skills in presentation (PPT) writing and narrative development for senior management audiences.
* Willing to travel for business purposes 20-25% of the time.
* MBA preferred; history in management consulting or investment banking a plus
* Minimum 5-6 years related industry experience; digital ad sales planning and strategy experience a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, NYC, NY