Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site at our offices in New York City.
As Senior Designer, you will design, develop, and execute the creative brand vision and strategy for our network products, platforms, and partner channels. You will use your creativity to deliver key art, marketing collateral, brand guides, campaigns and integrations for our customer facing products that engage, delight and resonate with fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research, data and brand instinct to experiences people love. You’ll also be responsible for driving groundbreaking brand and creative campaigns, product marketing, and sales integrations across our product, platform, services, partners and channel experiences. As You will drive and deliver the creative and brand vision for our consumer facing products and platforms through fierce collaboration with stakeholders, networks and marketing teams. You will create unified and holistic campaigns that connect and resonate with consumers.
• Provide hands-on leadership to align creative direction, concepts and deliverables.
• Run successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
• Work closely with Product, Business, Product Marketing, Content & Network brands to create and deliver industry-leading campaigns, branding and integrations across our digital platforms.
• Lead & Manage large-scale, high-priority campaigns for our product and platform experiences.
• Manage complex products, brands and project plans with multiple work stream dependencies.
• Demonstrate and manage the highest creative and design standards - providing clear direction to team members, stakeholders, and outside agencies/vendors.
• Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to teams and Mid-Level Executives.
• Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
• Lead team through multi-platform challenges/obstacles via positive creative solutions.
• Inspire/mentor others on design teams and other creative teams within the organization.
• Define the online visual style for the Discovery International network of sites.
• Drive development of creative concepts for new initiatives, including key art, product art, websites, microsites and campaigns.
• Maintain consistent design standards and quality across all brand representations
• Advocate the user experience internally.
• Act as a creative liaison between tech, editorial, UI and marketing.
• Manage your own internal design calendar.
• A solid, diverse portfolio showcasing the ability to work with diverse subject matter and solution-based thinking through design.
• Design degree level qualifications combined with minimum of a 7 years work experience in web design.
• A high level of proficiency in Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator,
• A good understanding of CSS and HTML.
• A strong knowledge of the relationships between interaction design, process, usability, accessibility, information architecture and how this translates to audience needs and the Discovery Networks online brand identity.
• The ability to quickly adapt to working with multiple publishing platform and tools.
• The ability to understand the technicalities and possibilities of cross-platform promotion (via on-line communities, social networking sites, contests, and on-air promotions).
• Familiarity with web development platforms, technology, applications and emerging trends. Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present information clearly.
• Excellent organizational skills, with an emphasis on assessing priorities when dealing with global deadlines.
• Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams of designers, external agencies, editors, ad sales, and software developers.
• Passionate and original. Ability to manage outside vendors.
• Ability to provide consistent creative work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to estimate timelines for projects accurately and coordinate workflow on a long-term and daily basis.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of customers and viewers who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented product and design colleagues, then this is the place for you.