Sr. Designer, Motion
Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
The Sr. Designer, Motion creates, develops and animates graphics for broadcast including program package graphics, brand image and on-air promotion design for spots and other projects as assigned for the Magnolia Network.
• Plans design assignment by studying request and understanding function of design.
• Develops and executes on-air design concepts, including working with brand designers and producers to articulate creative solutions.
• Creates new artwork, graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets such as print, internet and other multimedia venues.
• Designs storyboards which present a design concept using advanced graphics and animation tools and techniques, video and film shoots, stock imagery and photography and special effects.
• Animate original concept designs or client driven designs using animation tools such as After Effects.
• Organizes and prepares presentations of creative concepts and production techniques.
• Manages graphics resources, and delivery schedules for creative projects.
• Creates project materials within an assigned basic design and look.
• Organize and complete projects from pre-production through post-production.
• Creates basic design and look including enhancing brand toolkit designs.
• Collaborates with freelance animators on assigned projects.
• Participates in communication with clients and works with clients throughout the production process.
• Works with in-house and out-of-house editors and producers regarding implementation of graphic design needs.
• Supervises live action composting, production of 3-D animation and production of 2-D animation on a per project basis.
• Employee will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• BS/BA in related discipline and at least 4-6 years of experience in related field
• Knowledge of media production
• Uses comprehensive knowledge of functional/technical and business best practices to improve own work and the work of less experienced colleagues
• Takes steps to gain new perspectives from external sources
• Balances competing priorities based on understanding of team/business needs
• Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator experience.
• Introductory knowledge of 3D animation software and techniques
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States