Sr Campus Recruiter
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
As the Sr. Campus Recruiter for Discovery’s Direct to Consumer business, you’ll have one of the most exciting and impactful recruitment roles in the industry, building the Discovery Direct-to-Consumer Campus Recruiting footprint. Day to day you’ll be working with top universities and colleges to position Discovery as a first-choice employer for emerging talent among both undergraduate and post-graduate alumni. You’ll serve as brand ambassador and hands on recruiter in attracting the best and brightest upcoming Tech, Product, UX/UI and data talent. In addition, you’ll partner internally with the Sr. Director of Talent, HR and Business Leaders to design and create a competitive top tier onboarding and development program for our intern and graduate community.
This role can be based in New York or Bellevue, Washington.
1. Responsible for the execution of full life-cycle campus recruiting for Discovery Inc
2. Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates, educational institutions and the internal business
3. Work closely with internal stakeholders to establish and/or design a tailored recruiting approach at designated school(s) to achieve demand
4. Leverage recruiting knowledge, recruitment results and competitive market intelligence to drive strategies and influence key internal stakeholders on recruitment activities and programs
5. Serve as a “Brand Ambassador” to expand our internal & external footprint to build the Discovery brand
6. Role may provide opportunity to manage established projects or conferences or develop new programs
• We're looking for someone to join the team who is passionate, proactive, delivery orientated, creative and able to think and learn quickly. This is an ever-evolving space and the ability to be agile and pivot at short notice is critical.
• 3 years of university recruiting experience.
• Knowledge of working with and navigating top engineering, product, design and data universities preferable.
• Pre-existing relationships in this space would be an advantage.
• Engineering, technology, product, UX/UI and/or data recruitment experience desirable.
• Experience of engaging and building programs for this population
• Ability to think creatively around building a campus strategy, create a big picture vision as well as execute the details
• Excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build relationships and manage stakeholder expectations across all levels of the company
• Strong ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Understanding of how to build effective relationships with university officials and campus groups
• Detail-oriented and highly organized, experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders
• BA/BS degree
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Operating in one of the most interesting, innovative and fluid industries, a role within Discovery’s Product and Tech organization offers a fantastic career opportunity.
Discovery's Direct-to-Consumer business operates a group of both well established brands and well-funded start-ups. We operate teams working at the crossroads of tech and entertainment. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, Eurosport, Dplay, Food Network, MotorTrend Group, as well as newer brands such as GolfTV.
As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more immersive stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate and creative individuals to make this amazing content and the tech that distributes it and that’s where we come in! Discovery’s Talent team recruits the best talent the industry has to offer. We pride ourselves on hiring recruiters who are absolute experts at what they do. Passionate, with a keen eye for talent, well networked and up to date on industry innovations. If this sounds like you, keep reading.