Sr Business Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
We are hiring a Senior Business Analyst in Bellevue, Washington to investigate, discover, and scale actionable insights that drive improvements across our food, home, and lifestyle products. The Senior Business Analyst will be an experienced analytics professional and leader on the Data Science and Analytics team. They will help advise and create business intelligence solutions across all dimensions (e.g. product, engineering, content, marketing) of our direct-to-consumer products and apps.
This role will build business intelligence reports, dashboards, and custom insights to support consumer products across mobile, tablets, web, connected TV, voice, and emerging technologies. They will use big data platforms and business intelligence technology to drive these insights and product capabilities. This senior business analyst will work closely with product, design, content, and marketing teams to develop insights that drive material improvements to benefit Discovery’s customers.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate for translating data into relevant, actionable insights that produce great experiences for customers. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, and obsess about customers. They will have a strong point of view but remain open-minded should evidence lead in another direction. They are a senior member of the team whom others enjoy working with because they are reliable, innovative, care for their team members, and deliver results. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This senior analyst takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
1. Partner with product, marketing, engineering, and analytics stakeholders to determine analytics solutions needed to drive insights and analytics on key business questions.
2. Work in fast-paced and rapidly growing environment and provide sound advice in situations where all data is not available.
3. Design and build reports and dashboards to drive consistent and repeatable self-service insights.
4. Lead large-scale analysis across multiple data sets to deliver meaningful insights and answer a wide array of business questions.
5. Participate and lead development of and implementation of data products and solutions, conduct user acceptance testing and proto-type potential data and analytic solutions.
6. Work with data engineering teams to identify scalable, accessible data sources for analysis and operational use.
7. Make business intelligence and analytics reports approachable and understandable to non-data engineers or scientists.
8. Support the hiring and development of other business analysts and other technical professionals, helping them enhance their skills, while supporting a fun and engaging culture.
* Minimum of 7 years of proven experience in business analytics and insights.
* Proven experience in analyzing scalable data sets to deliver actionable insights for critical business issues.
* Demonstrated success in building self-service and repeatable business intelligent solutions.
* Expertise with SQL and other data querying techniques.
* Experience with business intelligence technology and tools is required; Ability to learn and adapt new tools including analytical, reporting and statistical applications.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.) is required.
* Experience with Adobe Analytics is a plus.
* Experience in data warehousing solutions and techniques is a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to work across product, engineering, and analytics teams to evaluate new ideas, discuss technical concepts, create scalable designs, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
* Strong understanding of digital products and e-commerce economics and strong business acumen.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience.
* Ability to meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced environment with attention to detail, prioritize work based on business needs and project requirements.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Bellevue, Washington, BLV, WA
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.