Spring Paid Intern - Talent Acquisition
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Part Time Paid Internship
Talent Acquisition Intern - Spring 2022 (Virtual)
Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that this intern will report into an east coast based manager and therefore should expect to work on eastern standard time.
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate, creative individuals to make and distribute amazing content and that’s where we come in! Discovery’s Talent Management team recruits the best and brightest talent.
You will gain experience working within a global talent acquisition team and learn how Discovery attracts top talent in a highly competitive industry. Branding/marketing career opportunities, sourcing talent and learning our full cycle recruiting process will be part of the experience. You will also gain hands-on experience using the most innovative recruiting systems and tools.
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Have a creative background or experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus, for marketing our career opportunities
* Knowledge of an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or iCIMS a plus
About Our Program
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns-- both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars-- and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! This year, we were voted into Vault’s 2021 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, best sales and marketing internships and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
• Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
• Professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
• Access to top level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
• Incredible networking opportunities and a robust intern alumni network
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
• We offer 12 week spring and summer opportunities
• Our Spring 2022 program will be fully remote- the program will run from January 31st-April 22.
• The?application deadline for Spring 2022 is Friday, November 12th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide necessary documentation for school credit if desired.
• We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from September through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.