Spring Paid Intern - Food Network Social Media
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
Food Network Social Media Intern - Spring 2022 (Virtual)
Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that this intern will report into an east coast based manager and therefore should expect to work on eastern standard time.
From finding the right words to properly describe the pure deliciousness of Ina’s Engagement Roast Chicken to keeping up-to-date with the latest and greatest social media features like TikTok, the social media team has the last word on Food Network’s social feeds across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest. Being on the front lines, we are constantly reading follower feedback, hopping on the newest trends and evolving our social strategy. We work closely with other teams – whether it's video production, public relations or other social teams across Discovery – to help curate and develop content that engages, excites and keeps our fans hungry for more.
Being a part of the Food Network social team, you’ll get the latest behind-the-scenes view of the drool-worthy content you see in your social media feeds on a daily basis. This internship will have special focus on TikTok, where they will have the opportunity to grow and foster an engaging community on TikTok by assisting with video brainstorming, production and editing. Our intern will also have possible opportunities to create new Instagram story franchises, hunt down incredible videos to repost, monitor fan feedback, utilize social media tools to schedule content and even contribute to our social media calendar.
* Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field or any other entertainment-related fields
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Creative individual with a passion for social media, food and entertainment
* Highly organized and detail-oriented person, with a proactive work ethic and problem solving skills * Ability to work ahead and multi-task on multiple projects
* Superb verbal and writing skills to work effectively with multiple teams and communicate effectively
* Active and engaged participant in social media with in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, tumblr, Google , etc.) and knowledge about current social media trends and innovations
* Photo/video editing experience/basic design capabilities for social media are a plus (including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Canva, etc.)
About Our Program
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns-- both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars-- and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! This year, we were voted into Vault’s 2021 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, best sales and marketing internships and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
• Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
• Professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
• Access to top level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
• Incredible networking opportunities and a robust intern alumni network
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
• We offer 12 week spring and summer opportunities
• Our Spring 2022 program will be fully remote- the program will run from January 31st-April 22.
• The?application deadline for Spring 2022 is Friday, November 12th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide necessary documentation for school credit if desired.
• We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from September through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.