Spring Paid Intern - CNN International
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
CNN-This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The?application deadline for Spring 2023 is Friday, November, 4th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
All internships will be a hybrid, in-person (based on your manager's in office schedule) unless explicitly stated as a virtual opportunity.
Please submit cover letter with your application, please combine the resume and cover letter into one PDF document. This job posting is for the following CNN International positions. By applying to this posting, you can be considered for any of the internships listed below. If you have a preference, please specify in your cover letter.
CNNi Newsgathering: CNN's International Newsource team manages the
network's relationships with paying partners around the world, gathers and
produces video to and from our affiliate partners, and handles any additional
requests, including but not limited to: live reporters, anchor interviews,
studio bookings, and more.
CNNi Productions: CNN Vision is a global production team creating
documentaries and feature stories that engage, inform and entertain
audiences on CNN’s television and digital platforms around the world. Check
us out at: https://cnnvision.com/
CNNi Editorial: CNNI interns begin by training with our Associate Producers
to help pull together elements needed for shows. They gain exposure to all
aspects of show production, and depending on their interests and abilities,
are allowed to work with various teams during their time with the company.
CNNi Planning: The CNN International Planning team is based in the CNN
Atlanta, London, and Hong Kong bureaus. Planning producers coordinate
guest chases with show teams and each other across all time zones.
Planning producers handle future and day-of guest bookings for the network.
Duties could include:
• Researching stories
• Gathering, curating, and distributing the best visual material to affiliates
• Programming of live signals for affiliate use
• Broadcast script-writing and video/package production
• Editing video
• Learning about the technology and systems used in news and features production
• Generating ideas and contributing to the execution of award-winning weekly and monthly programming
• Must be a Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
• Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• Passionate about news
• Strong interest in international affairs
• Must have strong communication and writing skills
• Awareness of basic editing and shooting for broadcast
• Bi-lingual or Multi-lingual skills a plus
• A great attitude and willingness to learn
• Cover letter required
About Our Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunties to learn valuable skills that will helo you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
• Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
• Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
• Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
• A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
• Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
• Our Spring 2023 program is a 12 Week Internship that will run from Monday, February 6th through Friday, April 28th, 2023
• Part time-schedule (16-24 hours/week) required
• Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
Interviewing will take place from September through early December. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.