Specialist - People & Culture
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2020 11:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Specialist - People & Culture jobs in Bellevue-WA
Search all Specialist - People & Culture postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Specialist - People & Culture? Job Summary
The role of People & Culture Services Specialist is responsible for direct contact with customers and internal support of People & Culture Partners as well as the integrity and accuracy of all employee records and data in People & Culture Systems. This role plays a key part in the People & Culture Operations Team who serve as the backbone of Discovery's People & Culture Organization, working collaboratively within a digitally native environment to align data, while implementing processes, procedures and People & Culture support to make business decisions in compliance with operational SLAs.
• Create and maintain Personnel Action Forms for all personnel changes, including new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and all other applicable changes to personnel records
• Assist with job descriptions, creation of requisition forms and audit of weekly open requisition report and org chart
• Prepare required documents for separations, exit interview document preparation, collection of employee assets and scheduling of exit meetings
• Assist and counsel employees regarding benefits plans, payroll, company policies and programs and leave of absence plans.
• Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of consistent position management processes to release positions for hire.
• Manage E-Verify company account to ensure overall, I-9 compliance for NY based locations
• Document all inquiries, issues and transactions using the case management system
• Achieve performance measures and adhere to established SLA requirements
• Serve as on-site point of contact for all document management activities, in congruence with the company document management strategy and retention policy
• Support People & Culture Business Partner team in day-to-day projects, answering tier one employee questions with a focus on customer service and maintaining a positive attitude
• Onboard new hires, conduct new hire orientation, liaise with facilities and IT on new hire office space and technology needs, and coordinate new hire needs with benefits
• Answer telephone, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority.
• Projects as assigned to continue to streamline internal processes or drive People & Culture strategies
• Ensure overall compliance with federal, state and local laws
• Bachelor's Degree in HR / business / or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Minimum two years at the HR Generalist level, preferably within an HR operations team, service provider and/or shared services environment
• Knowledge of HR Systems (SAP, Workday, etc.)
• Knowledge of case management systems (ServiceNow)
• Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision
• Strong verbal/written communication skills, organization skills, detail-oriented, yet able to analyze and recommend alternatives
• Ability to prioritize and address competing demands; multi-tasking capacity critical
• High degree of respect for the confidentiality and sensitivity of HR and payroll data
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to learn and understand various computer systems
• Must possess the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.