Specialist - Partner Engagement
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
The Specialist, Partner Engagement is the primary post-sale point of contact for Discovery Education’s district and school partners, responsible for partner onboarding, and ensuring seamless integration and deep usage of Discovery Education services. The Specialist builds strong and productive relationships with schools and districts, facilitates effective internal and external activity & communication, and clearly demonstrates the educational impact of Discovery Education’s services.
The Specialist works virtually (via phone, web-based conferencing, and other tools) with school and district stakeholders to define goals and metrics for success in order to inform strategic plans. The plans cover the functional, technical and operational tactics related to Discovery Education’s services as well as broader strategies covering user management, stakeholder communication, professional development, instructional usage, community and in-person events. The Specialist works across the school and district to bring the plan to life, continually assesses the progress of the partnership, and makes adjustments and recommendations as necessary to achieve the goals throughout the lifecycle.
As needs change from the field, the Partner Engagement Specialist will work with the Partner Engagement Leadership team to prioritize responsibilities and support accounts accordingly. This role reports to the Manager of Partner Engagement.
Develop strategic plans in collaboration with districts
1. Partner with school and district contacts to evaluate and establish district goals and set measurable objectives
2. Develop comprehensive plans that include technology, customer support, professional development, service usage, community-building, data, and communications
3. Collaboratively establish structured rollout plans including user management, Professional Development support, and stakeholder communications
4. Ensure execution on contracted deliverables
5. Develop strategies to integrate Community and Professional Development into rollout plans
6. Coordinate planning and execution with Professional Development, Global Community, Account Services, and Partnerships Teams
7. Represent Professional Development for selected accounts, working with the school/district to identify and select from Discovery Education’s established program of courses to meet district goals
8. Establish and build strong, trusting relationships with key post-sale contacts including Curriculum and Instruction, Technology, Accountability, Senior Leadership
Execute and monitor plans to ensure successful partnerships
1. Execute implementation plans, driving timely execution of contracted deliverables and deep, effective product usage throughout the lifecycle of the partner
2. Coordinate the booking and delivery of the Professional Development courses within the plan for selected districts
3. Measure progress against established checkpoint goals, adjust the plan as necessary to ensure success
4. Work collaboratively with the implementation point of contact to identify barriers and develop strategies to ensure success as specified in goals
5. Analyze usage reporting to identify trends and message trends to partners along with concrete plans to address negative trends
6. Interpret, prioritize, communicate, and manage partnership requests and issues both internally and with partners
7. Effectively manage assigned partners by evaluating account health and prioritizing outreach efforts
8. Provide on-going account support
9. Document and communicate resolutions and known issues to external and internal customers
10. Act as the Discovery Education product expert, providing customers with product support and training via e-mail, phone, and/or webinar
11. Identify accounts that are in jeopardy due to persistent technical or account issues and escalate, providing recommended course of action to restore customer satisfaction
12. Identify potential ways to grow the partnership based on school/district goals and communicate opportunities back to the partnerships team
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* 2-4 years of experience in K-12 education and/or account management
* Teaching, instructional coordinator/specialist, or administrator level experience are a plus
* Knowledge and experience with digital media and demonstrated understanding of the changing role of digital media in learning
* Strong PC skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and web 2.0 platforms. Salesforce Experience is a plus.
* Knowledge of Internet concepts (bandwidth, video streaming, etc.)
* Extremely well organized and detail oriented, with strong project management and analytical skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ambitious, dedicated and passionate individual, with a strong desire to achieve.
* A “can do” attitude to everyday challenges, motivated and target driven.
* Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
* Demonstrate a “problem solving- solution oriented” approach.
* Must be proactive and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC, Silver Spring, MD, Maryland
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional learning, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available in approximately half of all U.S. schools, half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional learning, and engagement within the global community. The Partner Engagement team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our district partnerships.