Specialist, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/21/2021 1:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Specialist, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Specialist, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Specialist, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing?
Full Time Job
Discovery Inc. is looking for a dynamic Marketing Specialist to join the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team. The Integrated Ad Sales Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of cross-platform marketing programs created for National Advertisers across the Discovery portfolio. This role will also have an opportunity to work on key initiatives across Discovery's US networks which include: Discovery, Animal Planet, Science, MotorTrend, and discovery . This position reports directly to the Director of Integrated Ad Sales Marketing.
• Support the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team in developing and executing marketing initiatives across Discovery, Animal Planet, Science, MotorTrend and discovery .
• Assist team with responding to RFPs with linear and digital solutions. Brainstorm creative content ideas and strategic distribution recommendations. Demonstrate big ideas in deck form.
• Work in tandem with various network departments including Branded Entertainment, Production, Consumer Marketing, Digital, Programming, Talent, Legal, etc. to develop ideas and produce campaigns supporting advertiser initiatives through the Discovery brand lens.
• Assist as needed in proactive sponsorship package development and inventory management around series, stunts, and tentpoles.
• Manage production process to fully implement sponsored on-air, streaming or digital turnkey/custom elements such as short form, tagged tune-ins, and integrations. Interface with internal creative teams, commercial operations, and sales, client/agency partners to execute and schedule. Assist with client management at shoots as needed.
• Manage various aspects of team tracking documents/materials including the Sponsorship Portal that lists sold and pending sponsors; maintain various sales materials including sponsorship documents, toolkit slides, and RFP tracking systems.
• Assist in sponsorship development and maintenance of materials for Discovery Digital Audience Solutions.
• Attend meetings with Sales and take an active role in idea development, answering Sales' questions around development/activation. Attend client, agency meetings and calls. In some instances, may have to present ideas and answer client questions.
• Maintain strong working relationships with internal Discovery divisions as well as external groups (ad agencies, clients etc.) to drive incremental revenue via the successful sell-in of multi-platform partnerships.
• Provide administrative support (as needed) to the team such as on special projects, budget tracking, running team calls and note taking; perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as becomes evident.
• A Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications or a related field, or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience is required.
• Candidate must have 3 years of relevant marketing experience (such as integrated ad sales marketing, advertising agency, media sales/marketing, event marketing, production, client-side marketing). Previous digital experience preferred.
• Must possess a solutions-oriented, proactive and positive attitude.
• Detail oriented and comfort working with numbers (i.e. marketing budgets)
• Comfortable sharing ideas and interacting with sales, clients/agencies
• Ability to complete projects accurately and in a timely manner; must be able to prioritize
projects and workload
• Ability to work as a team player and independently
• A base knowledge of media sales.
• A clear understanding of the importance of client service and professionalism
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficient in Microsoft Office or Google (Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides)
• Must have legal right to work in the US