Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2021 5:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sound Supervisor jobs in London-GB
Search all Sound Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sound Supervisor? Responsibilities
Based in our Chiswick, West London Offices, you will be responsible for ensuring the seamless audio delivery for the live broadcasted events that are produced from the London Technology Hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You will be responsible for-
• Ensuring the set up and delivery of clear comms and live audio output, broadcast from the London Tech Hub, working in partnership with clients, Technical Supervisors and MCR to implement the plans for execution and communicate these needs to wider teams.
• Efficient management of equipment failure to ensure minimal disruption to transmissions
• Oversee upgrades and testing of audio broadcast and corporate systems to ensure all equipment is functioning to the desired standard
• Daily management of sound operators, ensuring staffing needs are covered, creating and supporting team training
• Thorough understanding and extensive knowledge of the sports audio production process and the technical requirements needed to deliver the production, either gained from experience within OB broadcast or the commercial sector
• Experience in the design and operation of complex audio broadcast systems and a working knowledge of networking and IP infrastructure would be an advantage.
• Experience managing sound operators in a busy environment with strong leadership skills and ability to engage and motivate others
• Proven ability to successfully form and manage relationships with production partners and clients in an international environment
Why work for us?
You will play a pivotal role in the Production team, working in a fun, fast paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are an experienced sound professional, looking for a challenging role with real business impact, we'd love to hear from you. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.