Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 11/18/2019 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Solutions Engineer jobs in Knoxville-TN
Search all Solutions Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Solutions Engineer? The Way We Work
Discovery continues to grow around the world and across platforms. GT&O is building media technology and systems that meet world class standards for which Discovery is known. Our culture and leadership traits are in evolution as we expand from a traditional linear Pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile. Discovery is developing direct-to-consumer relationships, while delivering traditional platforms, with innovative solutions. Discovery is looking to embrace a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual.
This position is on the Solutions Engineering team, part the Cloud and Infrastructure Services department. We are responsible for providing SME level solutions and support to internal dev and engineering teams. Most solutions will be in the cloud, particularly, but not limited to Amazon Web Service. We solve a wide variety of problems, and have an emphasis on learning new and emerging technologies while providing the best dependable solutions to our internal customers.
Your role includes participating in the design, configuration, development, integration, testing, implementation, documentation, automation, and escalated support of enterprise and cloud applications in physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
* Understand general computing principles and how those are specifically implemented in a variety of platforms and applications.
* Experienced in maintaining Linux systems, and familiar with current cloud and DevOps practices.
* Experience with scripting, automating routine tasks, and tool development.
* Experience with Hadoop frameworks/EMR, Qubole, and data pipeline tools.
* Previous experience as a developer is a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent problem solving skills, and self-directed and able to learn new skills with minimal supervision.
* Work well in a team, have a conscientious and engaged attitude, mature organizational and time management skills, and a strong ability to define, verbalize, and train with other team members on skills and troubleshooting strategies.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.