Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
You will need to have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, a high level of creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and Sport. This job will require travelling between our offices in London, Paris, New York and Bellevue.
* Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Strong experience of product development experience in consumer-focused companies
* Strong experience of technical experience as software developer, or related role
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Expert knowledge of AWS and/or Azure and/or GCP
* Experience developing in at least one of Java, C#, C and Go
* Ability to work on a diverse team
* Expert knowledge of video streaming, codecs, video delivery and broadcast workflows
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
* Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
* Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
* Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
* Experience in development on cloud-based infrastructure
* Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices within your team
* Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
* Excellent problem-solving skills
Bellevue, Washington, WA, Seattle
Discovery Digital Media
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc., a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure.
Are you interested in shaping the future of Television, Sport and Olympics? Do you want to define the next generation of Discovery’s D2C platform? We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help build a world-class Live and VOD streaming platform to super-serve our super-fans.
The team is chartered to design the video infrastructure and integration with broadcast systems to power all of Discovery D2C propositions from Discovery GO, Eurosport Player to GolfTV viewed by a massive audience daily across the globe. You will help bring customers streaming video viewing experience to a new level and will develop the service to run on an all cloud environment. Discovery was the first broadcaster to move all of its playout in the cloud and have opportunities to interact with teams inside and outside the organization (e.g. Tokyo 2020 Olympics). It also was first to work on a variety of video devices such as the Smart TVs, Roku, iPhones, Android TV, Fire TV, game consoles and set-top-boxes.
Discovery is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.