Software Development Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2020 4:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Development Engineer jobs in London-GB
Search all Software Development Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Development Engineer? Software Development Engineer II (Android)
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will work in collaboration with Delivery Managers, planning sprints and prioritising new feature and bug fixes. In addition, you will use your knowledge and professional experience to influence technical decisions regarding your domain of expertise. This role reports to the Software Development Manager II (Android).
To be successful in this position, you should have a good understanding of the Android SDK and have experience with unit tests. You have demonstrated the ability to use common industry tools for software development including but not limited to IDEs, build and continuous integration, source control management, code review tools, data storage services, and cloud infrastructure, and you are able to build software in a professional team environment delivered to production using these tools. You are able to take documented designs prepared by more experienced engineers and contribute code to implement the design working solo or with other engineers together. You are able to provide technical documentation describing your contributions and contribute enhancements to your team's best practices.
• Excellent technical awareness and skills, prior development experience of shipping Android applications (Kotlin).
• Experienced and capable of playing a leading role to design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) with different goals, objectives and aspirations
• Knowledge of key design and architectural patterns such as MVVM, MVP and SOLID principles
• Experience with RxJava/RxAndroid and Android Jetpack (LiveData, Lifecycles, Room, …)
• Experience and knowledge of TDD and associated frameworks (Junit, Espresso, Mockito, …)
• Experience building dynamic customer-facing apps that use RESTful APIs to operate
• Experience building modular apps, or migrating a monolithic app to a modular architecture
• Knowledge of development best practices, including coding guidelines
• Experience with apps interacting with an AWS backend and knowledge of AWS SDKs
• Knowledge of or previous experience with VOD is a plus, including experience working with video playback on Android apps This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.