Software Development Engineer III
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
This was removed by the employer on 5/21/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Development Engineer III jobs in Bellevue-WA
Search all Software Development Engineer III postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Development Engineer III?
Full Time Job
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
We are hiring a senior software development engineer to join our team and lead the development and operations of the web/mobile/connected TV apps for our Magnolia product, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Magnolia. You’ll be part of a team of talented web/mobile/Connected TV engineers, work closely with our product, design and engineering teams that are located in many offices throughout the world.
You are a specialist with a serious level of experience and skill in working with service oriented architecture and back-end technologies and proven ability to deliver code with high levels of speed and quality. You communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and are a technical leader through your guidance, collaboration, and mentoring of engineering staff. You are passionate about technology and generate a positive impact throughout the organization through your influence, drive, and collaboration across departments.
• Lead and participate in the technical decisions for a new product area
• Work with the global architecture team to break down high-level product vision into manageable pieces for development execution
• Collaborate with other team members to build shared services that can serve many applications and scale independently
• Design architecture to support functionality across multiple platforms
• Support/mentor other developers on the team through brainstorming, design review, code review, etc.
• Contribute ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity, job enjoyment, code quality, and engineering excellence
• Focus on Application Security of both user data and content
• Enable our product team to tap into our valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
• Actively participate in all development projects and work together to create high-quality solutions
• Possesses the ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities, work on multiple sub-projects simultaneously dealing with various stakeholders
• You are passionate about software development and designing and delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
• You have 7 years’ experience developing commercial software products with 5 years’ experience of building large-scale application architecture, design, implementation and performance tuning
• Expert in computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Excellent understanding or service frameworks such as REST and GraphQL, implementing and consuming large-scale web services.
• Expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Great problem solving, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
• Proven ability to drive impact and generate results
• Excellent teamwork and influencing abilities to lead and influence without direct management authority
• Self-starter • BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Experience with OTT and connected devices is a definite plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States