Social Media Manager
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 4/30/2021 3:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Social Media Manager jobs in London-GB
Search all Social Media Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media Manager? Head of Social - Eurosport Digital
Core to Eurosport’s strategy for engaging our Sports audience is reaching audiences where they most like to be engaged of which Social Media is more important than ever.
As Head of Social, you will sit in the Audience Development team with the ES DIgital Business and will own the overall social strategy for Eurosport across platforms and across Europe.
• Oversee the social media strategy, content production and media approach for Eurosport across Europe
• Manage our social media agencies, guide our local social media teams and support our content creation teams in executing best practices against that strategy.
• Working with the Director of Audience Development to develop the right KPI’s and strategy that supports the overall Eurosport Digital Goals.
• Develop our Social Media Guidelines and Playbook per platform for teams to work to and align our best practices.
• Be the day to day relationship owner with the social platforms, keeping teams abreast of the latest updates and partnering with them on new initiatives.
• Manage weekly/monthly social media reporting alongside our insights team to make sure we are data led in our development.
• Work with our Paid Marketing teams and commercial teams to align and optimise campaigns running on social with our organic strategy
• Oversight of our social content calendars in each market making sure they are aligned and optimised.
• At least 4 years of experience managing social media accounts for a sports related brand.
• A strong understanding of the social media landscape and the platforms we currently or could operate on as the Eurosport brand.
• A passion for digital and particularly social first content with an understanding around how that content is created and produced.
• A passion for sports, particularly Football, Tennis, Cycling as well as an interest in the biggest sporting event on the planet, The Olympic Games.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to work independently and within a team.
• Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
• Experience of managing agencies and ideally managing teams across a number of regions.
• Prepared to adapt and be flexible around working in sport, loves the unpredictable and thinks on their feet
• Strong perspective on creative culture and practice
The role will be an integral member of the Audience Development team as well as the wider ES Digital team and be responsible for leading the work to drive an increase in social media and overall business targets against audience reach, engagement and revenues driving towards robust five year projections.
You will be working with editorial teams, production teams, marketing, product, PR, finance, legal, operations and agencies to ensure plans are continuously optimized and have a direct impact on our growth. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.