Social Media Coordinator
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Animal Planet multi-platform team is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Social Media Coordinator to join the social team. Within this exciting and tactical role you will get the opportunity to support the digital producers and manage the community directly by monitoring various posting schedules, overseeing publishing timelines, and serving as our brand’s voice through firsthand community engagement via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated experience in growing social accounts, scheduling and managing content posts, and most importantly is passionate about Animal Planet’s brand, content, and audience.
This is a full-time position based in our New York office and will sometimes require evening and weekend availability.
1. Collaborate with content creators and editors across the company in writing, scheduling and monitoring Animal Planet’s posts via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
2. Assist in tracking and monitoring all content published in efforts to enhance our data driven social strategies.
3. Research audience preferences and discover current social media trends.
4. Support with weekday evening and weekend social postings and community engagement. This includes maintaining awareness of constant news cycle in order to drive creative and timely postings behind breaking and trending events.
5. Serve as the voice of Animal Planet through direct social community engagement including responding to audience comments and requests on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
6. Act as primary point of contact in managing content postings.
7. Stay up-to-date with changes across our social platforms, ensuring maximum effectiveness.
8. Further support with social programming as needed.
* 2-5 years of experience in reviewing, scheduling, or publishing social content for a brand, influencer, or digital publisher.
* Passion for monitoring and tracking fast growing social accounts.
* Ability to predict, anticipate, and respond to trends and engaging moments on various social platforms.
* Developed eye for catchy and interesting content that can elevate social traffic and overall community engagement.
* Strong written communication skills and the ability to craft engaging and thoughtful copy.
* Availability for weekends and evenings when needed.
* Strong time management, critical thinking, and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere editing
* High level command of social platforms and industry-standard publishing tools
* Experience with video and/or written editorial a plus.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, nYC, NY