Service Reporting Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsKrakow, MA
Full Time Job
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join our team in the fields of FP&A Centre of Excellence, Global Business Services, HR Services and Media Business.
As Discovery Inc’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Reporting to the Director of Site Reliability Engineering, this position is critical in leading improvements as part of the Technology Operations Group. The Service Reporting Analyst is a self-starter willing to take the initiative. To succeed in this role the post-holder needs to be creative, and clever, with a passion for building new solutions
Location : Warsaw or Cracow
Highlights of the role
Based in either Krakow or Warsaw, the postholder is part of a team supporting our three global Technology Operations Centers based in Krakow, PL, Sterling, VA, and London, UK. As a function these are the 24/7 Command & Control Hub for our media distribution and IT support services. The position is key to ensuring organizational improvements, consistently improving and maintaining our availability and uptime, establishing effective automation and monitoring solutions to deliver successes and areas of opportunity.
The Site Reliability Engineering team partners with engineering and workforce technology teams to advocate sensible, scalable systems design as well as building the best tools to diagnose, resolve and prevent issues. The postholder is practitioner and ambassador for quality metrics collection and reporting within GT&O and so should be a great communicator and enthusiastic champion of Technology Operations.
In managing and advocating for quality metrics collection and reporting, the Service Reporting Analyst services the needs of the Technology Operations team, the broader GT&O organization, as well as internal customers across myriad technology and business teams. This person loves data and the value that effective reporting of that data can bring to an organization to help increase efficiency and reduce risk.
• Prioritize reporting needs with key stakeholders. Provide transparency as to what is in the queue and timelines for delivery. This should include recurring reporting check-ins with appropriate stakeholders, to keep them apprised of the build-out of new reports, re-development of existing reports/processes that need to be streamlined, and any data issues/updates that impact their needs
• Work with direct staff and other resources throughout the organization to determine the best technical approach to each individual report or data process. Convene necessary SMEs across the enterprise to define the appropriate logic and processes to support their business needs
• Implement a standardized QC process for all reports and data processes, to be used as a validation tool for new and existing reports. Develop transparent infrastructure for sharing these results
• Document all logic and processes for reports and other data support. This should include process documentation, data-flow diagrams, deliverables schedule, etc
• Gather, organize, and analyse data in support of a variety of projects and operational processes, including conducting longitudinal analyses
• Compile reports, charts and tables based on fundamental statistical methods
• Draws practical conclusions from the data. Prepares written and/or oral presentations of results
• Understands business service requests and translates them into clear and actionable reporting directives
• Assist in the deployment, organization, and management of standard operating procedures
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Software, or Broadcast Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Broad IT domain experience in three or more of the following IT areas: Application Development, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, Vendor Management, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Maintenance and Support
• Combined experience with SQL, Relational Databases & Reporting Solutions
• Experience in analysing and interpreting data using inferential statistics to develop new and innovative reporting models
• Experience with data from various tools (e.q. SolarWinds, New Relic, AWS Cloudwatch, SQL, ServiceNow, Splunk, Etc.) to feed into reporting structure
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
• Strong organizational and conceptual skills combined with proven critical thinking, analytic, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
• Ability to multi-task within related functions
• Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to interface with internal and external groups
• Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, including flexibility in working hours to support employees and customers across multiple time zones.
• Experience of working for a Media Company/Broadcast is desirable but not essential